That little Scamp

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tracy-Thanks for the link and information about it. I don't even know that it'd be a good fit. Binks is so tiny. :p Again, good luck with the neuter! :)

My French lop bun bit me so hard a few years ago that when I raised my hand he was still attached! I told my wife to call the vet and schedule his neuter. In just a few days he went from being a big fart to the poster bun of gentleness. I think he was afraid of what would get get caught off next.

He was still hanging off of my arm also then the wrapped those back feet around and scratched me too. I hope his hormones will calm down soon. He bit me two times yesterday and flung pee on my daughter so he's feeling better :rollseyes

For Harvey, he started calming down within a couple of weeks. I did keep him away from the cats while he was healing for those two weeks. So there was only one humping, which trust me is better than ALL the time. After that he never humped them again. Best money I spent haha.

Seems that the marking is better and he hasn't tried to take my hand off for a couple days :biggrin2:. Now that his boy brains seem to be taking a back seat his real brains are kicking in. Today his play are has gotten reduced three times and his cage relocated to the other side of the room cause he has been getting on the bet. First time he jumped on his cage, to the bookshelf and then to the bed, so the cage got moved and I changed his NIC fence. Second time he was on the bed I told Emma it was because she left a crack in the fence near the bookshelf, I later saw him pulling the fence back with his teeth, rearranged the set up again. Just now I heard a crash, went upstairs and guess where he was? ON THE BED :X he had gotten into the doll crib and cleared the fence from there, so now we will see hopefully 3rd times a charm.

Hahaha wow Scamp sure is a riot. Sounds like one of my cats. No matter how many times I say no it never sinks in.

Things are still going really well. Scamper is still an escape artist but that's ok because he isn't marking my daughter or her bed anymore and she is really happy about that. He doesn't seem to be cage aggressive or protective of his poo anymore.

Today he hopped on my back and started grooming my hair for the first time since those hormones took over. I miss his little circles and no more cute bunny sounds but I'm so happy I went ahead and got him fixed.

Maybe you could make a business out of posting videos of his magnificent escapades, recorded by a hidden camera :p
Ha, so every bunny protects their poo? I thought my bun was the only one who got mad at me when I removed all the product of his intense labour everyday... lol

Rudy, french lop, was an excellent show bun. I think having been passed around to several homes it made him aggresive. I told him he wasn't going to leave this house, soI had him fixed. Lost a show bun, but his sweet loveable nature now more then make up for it.

It's official my NIC fence is useless :confused2:. I was woken at 4 a.m. by a awful crash in my daughters room. Scamper was a very lucky boy that he wasn't squished when it fell flat on the floor. He has been moving it all around the room since he recovered from his neuter.

It's good for him to exercise.. maybe he's bored..? Maybe he needs more time to run (especially at night, when bunnies are awake and willing to play), maybe he wants to stay with you more time?

Maybe Scamp does need a little more exercise or should I say a challenge. Let him explore. My boys are early morning bunnies. They can't wait to get out and have their time with us in the kitchen. We just started doing this because our "Couch Potato" bunny, Dobby, was getting a little lazy and his poops were a bit big, meaning he was not getting enough activity to keep him stimulated. But since we have been letting all of them out in the early morning when they are most active, we have had no problem with Dobby and big poop.

During the day, they rest, at night they are very calm and very approachable.

Just remember, all bunnies are different, so you need to figure out what's best for your bunny. It's seems Scamp is telling you that he might be an early morning bunny.

Bunnies need mental stimulation or they get bored and end up crashing gates at 4 AM. Hey Scamps figures it's time to get up. How come no one else is? Silly bunnies.

Good Luck with Scamp.

K :)

Today I let him hang out with me while I worked. Put his fence up and he moved it. So I left it alone and he had free run of two rooms. He still kept moving he fence. I think he does it for entertainment cause he could go all the way around it. Nice that he likes to build things but I have no way to block anything off cause he keeps moving it. Silly Scamper

Oh I almost forgot, on his adventure today he got to tease Hunter my nearly 100 lb dog. Scamper would do the bunny 500 under the bed then zip across the room and back under the bed. Poor dog didn't know what to think. One time Scamper hid under the bed and waited for Hunter to have his back to him and took off straight between his legs and back into my daughters room. Hunter just stood there like what just happened.

Latest posts

Back