Texan Tales (& Tails) - by TinysMom

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TinysMom wrote:
Also - a sorta sad/happy note. My mom's cat Petey passed away this afternoon. He'd had diabetes for a couple of years and while this sounds sad - the good part is that perhaps now she will consider going to a boarding home where someone can watch over her and make sure she takes her medication, etc.

It is sad - her memory is getting so bad - after the cat passed away (she was with him along with my aunt & uncle) - she asked a few times how he was doing...and they had to remind her that he had passed away.

I haven't talked to her yet - I'll probably call her in the next day or so.

:pray:praying the phone call goes well...and for wisdom in upcoming decisions.

I know you won't jump right on her, "Well, not that the cat's gone, don't you think you should...", so I will also pray for that perfect timing!

TinysMom wrote:
A short update on Cyrano - no pictures though.

Today when I got home from work - I could tell that he had grown some - in fact - we all noticed it. For once - you could almost tell he was a rabbit as he was hopping around the cage - the ears were standing up and I noticed you could even see his TAIL! (Normally it was sorta tucked under him or something - he just looked so pathetic).
now there's one little bunlet who's learnt how to wrap people around his little paws! dont worry about lack of pics, im at my patchwork group later and his cuteness would only distract!

:hug:concerning your mother, good luck finding a boarding house for her.

x

Off to work soon - but y'all need to remind me tonight to do pics of Cyrano.

He has a HUGE tummy this morning and his tail has grown (and he holds it like he's so proud of it now).

I opened the cage this morning to look at them and was saying his name like, "Where did you guys hide Cyrano? I gotta find Cyrano to check him..." and suddenly - his little head pops up from under a oouple of bunnies and he stretches and starts looking for me.

Yeah - he has me wrapped around his little paws. I can tell he's going to be horribly spoiled...

Can you take more pictures of the blind girl? I only saw 1 of her and she was so cute!

On another note....I'm sorry about Petey and your mom. It must be so hard to cope with when you have Alzheimers :(.

Amy - I'll do photos tonight. When I mentioned you in my blog - I wasn't trying to say she should go to you...I was simply saying that just like you seem drawn to blind animals (and Ali to wry neck ones) - she would have to go to someone who had a special affinity for blind rabbits (or half-blind I guess I should say).

I thought she'd be more "needy" - ha - she has a real independent spirit though.

I'm hoping I can work with her to help her become more loving of humans - I think right now she hates me because I used to work on her eye and put ointment there and stuff - so I'm going to focus a lot on just petting her and getting her used to the "non-doctor" side of breeder mom.

TinysMom wrote:
Off to work soon - but y'all need to remind me tonight to do pics of Cyrano.

He has a HUGE tummy this morning and his tail has grown (and he holds it like he's so proud of it now).

I opened the cage this morning to look at them and was saying his name like, "Where did you guys hide Cyrano? I gotta find Cyrano to check him..." and suddenly - his little head pops up from under a oouple of bunnies and he stretches and starts looking for me. that is too cute!!! :)

Yeah - he has me wrapped around his little paws. I can tell he's going to be horribly spoiled...:)

Sorry about your mom's cat. Hope all goes well with your mom.

TinysMom wrote:
Amy - I'll do photos tonight. When I mentioned you in my blog - I wasn't trying to say she should go to you...I was simply saying that just like you seem drawn to blind animals (and Ali to wry neck ones) - she would have to go to someone who had a special affinity for blind rabbits (or half-blind I guess I should say).

I thought she'd be more "needy" - ha - she has a real independent spirit though.

I'm hoping I can work with her to help her become more loving of humans - I think right now she hates me because I used to work on her eye and put ointment there and stuff - so I'm going to focus a lot on just petting her and getting her used to the "non-doctor" side of breeder mom.

I had to go back and look - I guess I missed the page where you said she should go to me, lol.

I soooo wish, but I don't think it would be the responsible thing for me to do right now. One more bunny cage means less room in the bunny room. I'd have no choice but to cage a Flemish and it would probably need to be a 3x4 NIC at the least. I'm not saying anything smaller is cruel, I'm just saying that would be my preference in my house. My rabbits all don't get to come out to play every single day.

I've been thinking that when all the rats pass away and I sell their cage, I will buy a comfy over-sized chair to put in my bunny room so that I can spend more time in there. I don't usually go in there and sit around because there is only the floor to sit on. I've dreamed of a comfy cozy decorated bunny room (one that looks less like an actual animal room), but at this point I don't have the space....my bunny room is pretty tiny unfortunately.

I have to have my main focus right now be Molly & Morgan. I haven't tried a bonding session since they got into a fight in the bathtub and Morgs bit me accidentally. Once they are bonding then I can get rid of Molly's 2x3 NIC cage and that will give me more space in there.

And then....there is always leaving a spot open for fosters that need me. If I had had a 5th rabbit, then I wouldn't have been able to get precious Lilly out of the Humane Society. I mean....I have space elsewhere in my house, but Ryan wouldn't like me having rabbits living in the living room. Basically his new rule is is that if it fits comfortably in the bunny room, it can be here. If I'm stuffing them in there and it isn't fair to any of them or myself...then it can't be here. I would have to agree with him on that, lol.

Right now it is hard because I want to get out of rats, but then at the same time I am going to find it hard to let go on that piece of my life. Amanda (here on the forum) is bringing Lilly to Nancy & Larry....when I meet with Amanda she will have the opportunity to get me rats that I've always dreamed of having. Let's just say my emotions are crazy right now....but I'm staying strong and not caving, LOL!

Whoops....I just flooded your blog with my rambling, LOL! I need my own blog :p.

TinysMom wrote:

I opened the cage this morning to look at them and was saying his name like, "Where did you guys hide Cyrano? I gotta find Cyrano to check him..." and suddenly - his little head pops up from under a oouple of bunnies and he stretches and starts looking for me.
What a little sweetie! He loves his Mama.

wabbitmom12 wrote:
TinysMom wrote:

What a little sweetie! He loves his Mama.
I think he loves his food....and formula.

Now I TOLD the baby bunnies y'all didn't need 4 week old pictures - but they insisted that you did....

So here is a look....still uploading more..

[align=center]
IMG_0198.jpg

IMG_0199.jpg

IMG_0206.jpg

[/align][align=left]I know you guys really DON'T want to see Cyrano...right? The same Cyrano that came up to me while I was laying on the floor and started giving me bunny kisses...on the lips.

Nah...you don't want to see him....
[/align]

TinysMom wrote:

I know you guys really DON'T want to see Cyrano...right? The same Cyrano that came up to me while I was laying on the floor and started giving me bunny kisses...on the lips.
[align=left]
Nah...you don't want to see him....
[/align]

They do TOO want to see me Mommy. That's no fair teasing me and them like that - so while you got supper - Auntie Nyx helped me with these.

I hope you like them peoples cause I'm growing as fast as I can with my little tummy.

[align=center]Me with my BIG brothers and sisters
[/align] [align=center]
IMG_0174.jpg

ME!
IMG_0178.jpg

Me and one of my smaller littermates
IMG_0179.jpg
[/align][align=center]
[/align][align=center]A great big thank-you to my Auntie Nyx for helping me find the photos and do this cause I can't type yet on my own.
[/align][align=center]Auntie Nyx says I'm gonna be her "protoge" - whatever that is. I think she's gonna help me be big and strong and fun like her.
[/align]

Cyrano...

You are a handsome little bun. Your mommy and Auntie Nyx is taking awesome care of you. I love to hear your stories and see pic's of you and your brother's and sister's.

You may be little now, but your gonna grow up and be big and strong like your daddy. :hug:

Sending hugs to everyone...... :)April

Cyrano, your Auntie Nyx had a baby brother that was smallish for awhile, too. But he grew up to be a big strong bun, just like you will! And she will help you!

But hopefully she won't help you get into trouble like she did with her "little" brother Peanut. Usually Aunties treat their nephews better than they do their brothers...so that is probably a good thing!

I am so happy to hear that you are getting a big tummy full of mommy's milk.

Of course I HAVE to post more pictures - or Cyrano is gonna go behind my back again (I swear - all your praise is gonna make his head swell as big as his tummy...).

[align=center]Is this a bunny tile?
[/align] [align=center]
IMG_0175-1.jpg

Where's Cyrano?
IMG_0139-1.jpg

Robin is showing you how big their ears are..
IMG_0142-1.jpg

Can I give you baby bunny kisses? Pwease?
IMG_0146-1.jpg

I disapprove of you.
IMG_0123-1.jpg

I'm already checking them out for body type, etc.
IMG_0112-1.jpg

Gotta think whether I want to eat or sleep.
IMG_0097-1.jpg

Would you please put that thing away and let us sleep?
IMG_0110-1.jpg

Did I mention I disapprove?
IMG_0096-1.jpg

Maybe we should split up...
IMG_0090-1.jpg

Poor Cyrano....he keeps getting overgroomed!
IMG_0084-1.jpg

Remember when they all fit in one corner of the pen????
IMG_0080-1.jpg

[/align]

TinysMom wrote:

Poor Cyrano....he keeps getting overgroomed!
IMG_0084-1.jpg

Remember when they all fit in one corner of the pen????
IMG_0080-1.jpg

Poor Cyrano...it looks ouchy to be so bald!! Ijust hope that it looks worse than it feels.

And look at that whole pan full of bunnies!!:inlove:

Cyrano - you are a dear little bunny:inlove: give aunty nix a big nose rub for all her patience and care that she is showing you. it's not every bun that gets to be a protege!

Peg - disapproving bunny and ear pics! what more can we ask for!! thank you:bunnydance:

Latest posts

Back