Texan Tales (& Tails) - by TinysMom

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqdMijHtA3U]Get past the guy talking to get to the fun part.....[/ame]

Dave - this is what Robin was playing with....

LOL!

I worked in a toy/game shop for years and we had a few Discovery Toys. I'm 100% positive they were Discovery Toys. Do they sell in stores? Maybe they changed since the time... Anyway, what I meant to say was that I remember the toys and they had some fun things. I especially loved the marbleworks (though we did sell 3 brands of a similar product so not sure if it was my fav out of the 3). I can just imagine Robin playing with it. Hehehe. Truth be told, I had set up a demo at the store and it had more adults poking at it than it did kids. :p

I also have no idea how you have yourself set up. I just can't seem to keep up with you. Lol :pYou're working how many companies now? I hope you are having fun :biggrin:

Nela wrote:
LOL!

I worked in a toy/game shop for years and we had a few Discovery Toys. I'm 100% positive they were Discovery Toys. Do they sell in stores? Maybe they changed since the time... Anyway, what I meant to say was that I remember the toys and they had some fun things. I especially loved the marbleworks (though we did sell 3 brands of a similar product so not sure if it was my fav out of the 3). I can just imagine Robin playing with it. Hehehe. Truth be told, I had set up a demo at the store and it had more adults poking at it than it did kids. :p

I also have no idea how you have yourself set up. I just can't seem to keep up with you. Lol :pYou're working how many companies now? I hope you are having fun :biggrin:
I know that we (as distributors) can not sell in stores here in the U.S. and I also know that there are Canadian distributors too. However - I'm not going to say that they aren't sold in stores because it is possible that they were or are. At one point in time (grinning here) - Discovery Toys was owned by.... AVON. Then they sold DT to a private investment group - then a couple of years ago it was bought by someone else and from what I've heard - this literally turned the company around because they lost a lot of consultants, etc. during the earlier years. I don't know what happened during that time - so I can't speak for it - but I can say that many consultants weren't happy (even if they stuck with the company).

I'm now currently doing...

AVON (order going in tomorrow - smallest order yet - but oh well)

Scentsy - placing an order this weekend

Discovery Toys - hopefully getting an order tomorrow night to place.

I want to add Thirty-One Gifts (the tote bags/handbags, etc) - probably this weekend as Eric is paying us back some money he owes us.

I also would like to add Tupperware but the woman I contacted has not yet gotten back to me.

Something very interesting is ... I'm coming into Thirty-One under a gal that I really like who is named Alicia (but not our forum's Alicia) - but I'm getting distinct vibes from her that she may come into Discovery Toys under ME! I sorta think its funny (and I'm so sad to find out that she's moving in Feb).

Anyway - I went to a Discovery Toys today here in town that my sponsor drove down from Austin (almost 5 hours) to do. I don't know how large the sales here - I know that I handled $115 of the sales - and the hostess saved $123 on her purchases between her free items and her 1/2 price item (she bought this awesome tent thing that is normally $100 for half price). I know that the hostess' budget for her purchases was $300 and she didn't spend all of that. (She was buying Christmas presents for her two kids).

Elise (my sponsor) probably made about $150 off the party...it was a somewhat small party for her but I think part of that was that there were kids there and they kept making noises and interrupting, etc.

I found MORE toys that I want for US! One in particular I think I'm getting for Robin because its sorta something she'd enjoy playing when she's bored.

I went to the party for training - but I walked out of there with one party booked for 11/30 (with Alicia) and two potential "book parties" for the Thanksgiving holidays.

I'd like to sell $500 by 12/31 - because if I remember right - I'll get $125 towards my kit back then. Or a $75 bonus.....I forget which. I'll have to look it up.

Anyway - I was really touched though because my sponsor gave me a book that she's obviously purchased herself to give to her recruits...about how to work well at the party plan type of business (no matter what type) and become successful at it. The book is called Let's Party by Jan Ruhe and while I haven't finished it all - its very encouraging.

I am very excited - because tomorrow night I have an event at the Officer's Club on base for the Officer's Spouse's Club - and I'll have a table of Avon products and I'll have the Discovery Toys. (Someone else already does Scentsy). I'm hoping that I can get some sales of the DT for a nice size order and I'm already doing a special with folks that goes like this:

"Pass the book around over Thanksgiving while you go to be with family and collect orders - whether its for Christmas gifts for your kids or nieces/nephews, etc. Once you collect $100 OR MORE in orders - you get an EXTRA $10 in free toys plus whatever you would earn at the party level. Turn in the order to me by TUESDAY - November 30th (giving them cyber Monday to get home and get settled)."

So far - two folks are interested - and let's face it - a $100 show would normally get them $10 in free gifts- now they get $20 in free gifts.

Anyway - that is my life - right now - as far as I can tell.

Oh - about bunnies - I'm convinced now that Sophia has e-cunniculi. I'm heartbroken - although that word doesn't really begin to describe how I am feeling. I can't exactly cage her because Nyx is her best friend and frequently cuddles up next to her.

I'm starting her on the bendazole drugs this week....and making sure she has water available to her every 2 hours or so when I'm home.

I am also about to start her on pumpkin/banana baby food supplement (with a bit of vitamin E oil) every day also - mainly to give her extra calories and entice her to eat more - since e.c. is a wasting disease.

I know we're in for both good days - and bad days. I'm praying that she will let me know when it is time to help her cross the bridge...and that it won't be for a while.

Right now my biggest concern is Nyx (who is also going to be getting treated for e.c. since she is with Sophia so much).

In addition - one of the younger flemmie girls is sounding like she's got pneumonia or something. She's getting treatments too.

I guess that's all for now....

:( Sorry to hear about the sick bunnies. It's always hard, especially if you know they will eventually be crossing the Bridge.

I'm going to have to research the e-cunniculi illness, as I don't know much about it. (like whether it's a virus, etc.)

I am glad that you have these other things in your life to help you stay busy and not worrying about the buns so much. You know what I mean....your concern level is appropriate, but you are still able to carry on with daily life, rather than becoming incapacitated by fear, worry, and dread. It is easy to slip into that pattern, but you have these other, positive things to help you avoid that.

:pray: for the rabbits, and for you!

I'm so upset....one of Harmony's girls is very ill - I don't think she is going to make it through the night and I feel so totally clueless as to what the problem is.

About 2-3 days ago she started breathing funny - and she got a shot but she just started crying (not quite a scream) a bit ago...she's on Robin's lap now but I don't know how she'll handle it when she's put on the floor because she is breathing so hard.

I'm not handling this well at all. We haven't had any losses recently and this just seems so unfair- particularly since I have no idea what is causing it.

Well - we lost her....

I am stunned and Robin is saying that we treated her within an hour of noticing she was sick - plus her fur was soft and in good condition too....so it wasn't like she was ill for long.

I just want to go bang my head against the wall.

I feel like I failed yet another rabbit - somehow.

:hug: I'm so sorry, Peg. Rabbits are such fragile creatures...I'm sure you didn't do anything wrong. She must have had some problem that just crept up on her.

I think I may understand how you feel. We lost Lily in much the same way...strange breathing, and 20 minutes later she was gone. This beautiful, Best of Class winner that was just about a year old. Such a precious and sweet personality. I was inconsolable. I just kept crying and saying, "It's just not right!"

For all of their size, it seems like Flemmies are the most fragile of breeds.

Please, please take comfort in the fact that she had a happy life.

:pray: are with you

Sending you lots of love... I'm so sorry you lost her. :(I don't know what to say to bring comfort, but I know that you did what you could for her. Don't be too hard on yourself. :hug1

Thanks to both Nela and Karen for your words.

Karen - part of what is killing me is....she was one of the three girls I was considering sending to y'all for your breeding program.

But what if she had a genetic problem? What about her littermates?

Know what I mean???

TinysMom wrote:
Thanks to both Nela and Karen for your words.

Karen - part of what is killing me is....she was one of the three girls I was considering sending to y'all for your breeding program.

But what if she had a genetic problem? What about her littermates?

Know what I mean???

The same thought crossed my mind...but, time will tell, as we see how the others continue to grow. It is so heartbreaking to realize the rest of the litter could be affected. But, we will just have to evaluate the situation closer to the time.

Right now, you just have to be gentle with yourself. Try not to be worrying about the future. "My peace I give to you. In this world you will have tribulation...but I have overcome the world."

If God decides to override our plans (yours & ours, regarding the rabbits), then we will have to accept it. But we don't know that for now!

:feelbetter: Hope you feel better! I'll keep praying.

Thanks everyone. I'm feeling a bit better today.

I've been discouraged about some things but Art & I just talked for a while and I'm starting to feel better.

I want to share a bit about the event last night. We sold about $20 in Avon, $65 in Discovery Toys (not bad for only about 30 people attending plus about 24 vendors there). My friend Alicia with Thirty-One sold a LOT....I would be surprised if her sales were under $200. I'm really happy for her though....and a lot of the people who took catalogs did say they would get back to me. (We'll see).

I wound up being invited to an event at the Country Club tomorrow from 10 am - 8 pm. They're letting their 900 members know about it via. email plus also doing some advertising. The tables are free (yeah). Since the other Scentsy rep is going to be there - we'll just be bringing Discovery Toys and Avon again.

(We did a "Stocking Stuffer Sale" where everything on the Avon table was $1 - and I mainly had things on there that I had bought on sale, etc. and could afford the "loss" if there was any loss....so we could stop carting the stuff around).

"That Lady" = Alicia?

Yes....it seems like God has favored me with TWO Alicias in my life...this one will only be here in TX until the first week of February though.

Unfortunately she will not be at the event tomorrow at the Country Club - that would make the day go by so much nicer.

:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead

:rant: :rant:

:duel

Just really really frustrated with some things right now (nothing with my family) - but I had to get it out somehow before I wind up putting my fist through a wall or something.

I'd go for a walk and walk it off - but my knee is giving me fits again and I can barely walk.

I know .... I know....go hug a bunny......right?

Back