Texan Tales (& Tails) - by TinysMom

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JadeIcing wrote:
RIP Sweetheart
I'm trying to get ready for an event tonight & tomorrow and I was doing ok till I saw you call her "Sweetheart".

That was my nickname for her...never really told anyone that...just sorta called her it.

In fact - when I said goodbye to her for what turned out to be the last time - I said, "Goodbye sweetheart - you'll always be mama's girl....you've been such a sweetheart to me".

On my way out the door but Nyx and some others and I just shared our apple to celebrate Sophia's life.

I am going to try to remember to buy apples and go back to sharing them with Nyx (and others) a couple of times per week.

Nyx likes the idea....(Princess Athena also got her slice of the apple - as did Brady and some others - even "Dukey" got his!).

I was going through photos to do Sophia's RB thread...well...starting to....and I came across a series of photos from Feb. 19th when she snuggled in Art's arms in the recliner and they took a nap together.

Here is one of the photos - I just HAVE to share it.

IMG_0217.jpg

Maybe you could put a nice little apple ornament with Sophia's name on it in your tree? Do you have your tree up?

How are you doing? Still very busy with your sales?

wabbitmom12 wrote:
So how are the bunnies and their Mama doing?

Is Nyx getting along okay without her best friend?
The bunnies are doing fine - mama is doing mostly ok. I have my moments when I think about Sophia and I start to tear up. Mind you - I'm very happy that she's not suffering - I just feel like I am the one suffering because I miss her so much.

For instance - when I go to put food in the community food bowl...I don't have to try to pour it around her because she would go and lay IN the food bowl (well - half in - her front half).

Of course - the girls must've known that supper time made mama teary eyed...so they got to one of the feed bags and opened it on one corner. I was ok with that - they were eating out of that one spot - then they made about 5 more holes all over it and now I have about 2 pounds of rabbit food sitting on my floor that I need to try and sweep up today. :nasty:

I don't remember if it was yesterday or the day before - but I sat on the floor with Nyx and an apple. She and I took turns eating from it - and one of the other girls came over and had some too. Then I gave Ellie Mae a bite (she was having playtime).....it wound up to be quite the "I need my bite now" fest....everyone wanting the apple. I could almost picture the younger girl saying to Nyx, "Auntie Nyx....you never told us about apples..." and her saying back, "That's because apples are a treat for the herd matrons....so Sophia and I always shared them..". I plan to try and remember to share an apple with Nyx every 2-3 days - and I always make sure that Athena gets some too cause se2h used to be part of that ritual.

You asked me how I'm doing....I guess I'm doing ok. I put myself back on Prozac and I'm calling the doctor to set up an appointment to see if he'll allow me to do that (I still had some left from before). I don't remember why I went off it - but I think I need it.

I know that they say that it is supposed to take days or weeks to get it into your system...all I know is that Monday was my first day (I'd taken it Sunday night) and I accomplished so much I was thrilled. I made cookies, cooked a ham, did dishes, worked with rabbits and I forget what all else.

But yesterday and today I seem to have crashed.....I am totally wiped out. Ok - so it doesn't help that last night I was up till 2 am watching a show with Robin....

Anyway - I guess things are ok. Sorta. Financially things are tough - but everytime I think about getting a job - Art isn't keen on the idea. Once we make it through this month - we should hopefully have our finances back in line again.

I may write more later...

Nela wrote:
Maybe you could put a nice little apple ornament with Sophia's name on it in your tree? Do you have your tree up?

How are you doing? Still very busy with your sales?
Oooh - I love the idea of the apple ornament. At first I was like, "Why an apple ornament????" and then later it was like "DUH!".

Unfortunately - we don't really do a tree (no space for one) - but I may get one made and hang it up over my desk....I'd like that.

I'm doing somewhat ok. I may write more later and I wrote a bit in my last post...

I hope all is well with you & yours! I need to get online more often so I can reconnect with friends....:D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCFCeJTEzNU]Silent Monks Singing Hallelujah Chorus![/ame]

I have to share this - its going around Facebook and is hilarious.

Sometimes I hate my life.

We've been joking about Thunder nesting over the last couple of days. Last night I was laughing and pretending to be her and going, "But I'm gonna be the one with an early Christmas present for breeder mama...so nah nah nah...".

Well....Merry Christmas mama.....she had five babies - three are alive (and nursed) and we're checking around for any others.

I think its funny - I can't breed rabbits when I want to - and when I decide to get out of it - I have babies.

The only question is....HOW?

I'm SURE all the girls on the floor are girls. Or at least I was....

Dukey's been caged for a while.

I try to never let boys out unless they go outside to play.

Oh well.....babies. HUGE babies.

Time to go socialize the babies...

Oh my goodness!
It's one thing to get an unexpected visit :magicwand: from the gender fairy.

It's quite something else to get an unexpected visit :stork: from the stork!! :faint::thud:

Hang in there Peg!! :pullhair:

Latest posts

Back