Teeth Like Razors

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warminwisco

Reaction score
I get home from work and get malled for treats from my (2) 9 month old Mini Rexs, Bandit and Snoopy when Ilay down on my side. They eat the rabbit treats like a the ones you get in the 3 oz backs and nibble and nibble and know my finger from the treat. This last time I let him lick the film, crumbs off my finger, he got his top tooth between the end of the nail and the ledge of my skin and tugged tigged tugged as Iam thinking I hope you let me go this is getting seriouse and he did. His teeth are like razors so I see how they demolish anyhtin in sight.

How many people have really had skin broken, mini punctures unintended by rabbits. I know they are wild animals and will be more careful but usully they know flesh and food and are such fun nibblers.

My last rabbit would actually nip very rarely if you where a little rough with him or he wanted to do something else, these the breeder said biting got them in trouble as they where breed and they would end up on their own in the back acreage I guess.

I´ve had a couple of nasty bites from mine but unintentionally and it really hurts. I got between my two boys once when I was holding them opposite each other and I ended up with a nasty cut on my chin. I also got another bad bite on the back of my hand when I got in between them during a scuffle during bonding. So, just be careful and if they do gobble food down, make sure your hands are safe as they may not realise in their haste the difference between treats and hooman fingers. :spintongue

My bunny is a bit mouthy, if I'm in her way she won't hesitate to give my foot a petulant nip. Same for when I'm annoying her in some way with my hands, either holding her longer than she would like or not putting down her yummies fast enough. Cheeky little diva. But strangely enough she's never ever broken skin! It's like she knows to be gentle, but just hard enough to get her point across.

I have had Shirley twice recently touch my finger with her teeth while I was hand feeding her a pellet. She only bit ever so gently yet it was enough to realize just how sharp their teeth are.

Thumper bit me once. He was nibbling on my jeans as I was cleaning his cage. I didn't stop him as I was concentrating on what I was doing but was aware in the back of my mind he was nibbling. I guess because I didn't stop him and he decided he liked the texture or taste he gave a harder bite. It didn't break skin but did leave a small bruise. I still remember how much it hurt at the time.

My bunny broke the skin and made a scar!!! Now that she has crossed the rainbow bridge. It's more of a memory!

-GottaLuvDaBuns

My wide is constantly getting her ankles and toes nibbled by my buns. She feels the sharpness but we also know that since these guys chew through wood like its tissue paper that its just their love bites...but oww...

Sent from my iPhone using Rabbit Forum

My German Giant hates to be picked up or held down. He's gotten me pretty badly in the shoulder a couple of times. Enough to break skin and he leaves a huge bruise every time. He's mildly better but still can not be picked up probably more than a minute before he comes after me. My french lop is pretty mouthy, especially if he thinks food is involved. My husband got bit pretty badly breaking up a fight between the two mentioned above.
We had a Kleinwidder who bit me in the lip pretty badly because he smelled a fruity chapstick I was wearing. Never made that mistake again. Rabbits.

Latest posts

Back