Teddy Lops, Teddy Dwarfs, Angora, Lionhead

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mummel

Reaction score
This/ thesebreed/s seems to be relatively rare in households. I have 4 Teddy Lops, 2 have "defective";)ears though that didn't flop. Not sure if Emilys ears will flop yet.

Iwas actually not too much into long haired buns- blame Moses :cool: I like short haired buns just as much.

Are there any other Teddy or long haired rabbit owners/ loversout there? :anyone

Emi

Meee!! :D My frist ever lionead.. Pebbles! And I've fallen inlove with the breed.. Who couldn't with these little smoochees? (The first time my cousin showed me these pictures, I knew this was destiny.. a couple weeks later.. introducing Pebbles! (although Peb's isn't the gray one in this pic..)

So.. here's my little princess! (ignore the goofy mane.. she's having slight problems :))

Just a little baby.. don't know how old but I got her a few weeks after these pictures were shown to me

Looking back on her baby pictures I tear up.. she's just so amazing :).:love:

I have two Fuzzy Lops. I really didn't want long-haired rabbits, but they both desperately needed someone to care for them, so I'm their mama now!

One of mine is having serious "messy butt" issues, so I'm hating his long hair at the moment. His coat is pretty, butI'm going to have to clip him tonight.

TobySmall.jpg

oh what a cutie.(a fuzzy lop right?)

Lionhead's are my fave rabbit besides a dutch bun.

:)

@ Spring

Pebbles has sucha pretty color, she alo got a cool hairstyle ^^. Is she wearing a ribbon in one of the pictures? First I thought shes dressed up as a bunny :bunnydance:..but that wouldnt really make sense with 4 bunny ears ^^ I had 2 Lion heads so far. Jesus hat some kind of mustach and Jones just some long hair around his head.

When i first got Moses I thought he might be a lionhead..but his fur grew and grew....:D

@Laura

I had the messy butt issue with Moses. The top looked okay but underneath it was tight knots of very fine hair..We got him a very short cut at a dog salon..Ever since the hair was cut it doesnt tangle that easy anymore .I do comb mine with a good comb now (one that gets through to the skin)and its no problem..

Your bun looked a little like a sheep at first, so cute.

I breed and show lionheads and they are my favorite breed (just don't tell Tiny - he'd be heartbroken). To me - lionheads have the gentle personality of the flemish - with a bit of the battery/activity of a holland lop....and they're usually smaller than a flemish. (Flemish are my 2nd favorite).

Anyway - I love lionheads - I think it is partly their gentle - and yet CURIOUS nature that I love.

Oh yeah - I love their looks too!

Peg

I find it funny that some lionheads only have a little bit extra long fur and some have a lot in the funniest places.

@Rhapsody,

that bunny in your avatar seems to have a hairy chest:D

@TinysMom

Are lionheads smaller in general? I had two and was so surprised they stood so tiny.

I've only bred one rabbit a satin/lop/dwarf mix very sweet and all the babies had floppy ears.(soooo cute!)

Mr. Tumnus is my first lionhead (and I think hes a mix) and I love him! He definitely sheds more than my dutches, but hes soo cute! I just love his little afro! Its growing as we speak!

When I found him living in the woods, his coat was so dull and the hair was shorter..now that hes actually eating healthy his fur is getting loong! Time for a brushing I think :)

TumnusLounging.jpg

-Haley

PS. Love all your pics!

I think Mummel has 2 in her avatar, if Im not mistaken: Moses and Susi..see above^^.. I had never seen one before either!

They are soo cute though!

Moses is most likely a mix between a teddy lop and a teddy dwarf. Susi is a lop but her ears are halfway up, her daughter emily is a lop too but needs to grow up so we see what the ears will be like. Jasmin is a regular teddy lop with floppy ears, so I think she would be the best example.

Some teddyshave more fluffy fur like Susiand some a little more neat like Jasmin.

Awww, Twix & Mr Tumnus would make a great pair (imagine what their babies would have looked like!).Too bad you are so far away, I would love to add Tumnus to the bunnyknapping list!

Yes, Cookie is a lucky bun to have such a gorgeous, hairy girl!

Latest posts

Back