Teddy Lops, Teddy Dwarfs, Angora, Lionhead

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've always wanted an angora bun. I knit and spin yarn with a drop spindle and would like to have my own bun fur to spin. I am intimadated by the extra care they may require though.

I just gave Tumnus a good brushing..too bad you arent here to take his fur! He was shedding like crazy and I must have pulled out enough to make another rabbit...so soft like silk too!

I dont know about Angoras, but Tumnus is a lionhead and he doesnt require any extra work. Just brushing :)

-Haley

Oh, and yes Tumnus and Twix would have gorgeous hairy little babies! Too bad it can never be... :-(

hh2420, Tumnus is adorable !!!!!!!!! :bunnydance: He looks like a living toy :D, what a cute little smoochy !

Jenni, I recently bought some English Angoras with amazing fur ....I'd compare it to the fur of a Bichon or a Shih-Tzu dog. It is long, silky, and resistant to mats . Right now the pair are both trimmed for the heat. To make a long story short, I'd had an English Angora ( "Junebug" )years ago who's fur was a nightmare. Junebug's fur was cottony and sticky and matted so frequently that she developed a fur clot over one eye. This was after I'd just brushed her the night before. The fur clot/mat pulled away easily from her poor eye, leaving bare skin behind--her eye was healthy but bald around the edge. We ended up giving her back to her original owner; who said that angoras' fur was truly difficult, if not brushed twice a day.

The English Angoras we have now are a world of difference, in fact the seller said don't brush every day as you'll ruin/break the hair follicles. I brush and blow/fluff once a week.

It helps to find a supportive breeder, also.

Kadish Tolesa :pinkpansy:

The fur of long haired buns also tangles less after the first haircut. Moses had 2 haircuts and does not need to be brushed at all. Susi and Jasmin are sheduled for a trim. The hair grows back a bit different and tangles less since the thin tips were cut off. Also it helps to get rid of the baby fur.

The right bedding works wonders too :cool:

Latest posts

Back