Taught my rabbit how to do a trick!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tohkie

Reaction score
[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/RuznCbkbekA&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]
I taught my rabbit (named Bunnie) how to do a trick! She will work for timothy hay pellets - she just ABSOLUTELY loves them.
:bunnydance::rabbithop:bunnyheart

Have you ever tried to teach your rabbit tricks? If so, which ones? I'm thinking of teaching her to binky on command or something more difficult than "spin".

That was incredibly adorable!

How did you teach her to spin on cue?

I'd love to train Crush to do some tricks, lol. I've been thinking of introducing him to the clicker.

Adorable rabbit, and AWESOME trick! How on earth did you get her to do that? i'd like to teach my rabbits tricks, but i don't really know how! :) :)

Lily Rabbit wrote:
Have you ever tried to teach your rabbit tricks? If so, which ones? I'm thinking of teaching her to binky on command or something more difficult than "spin".
Natasha knows a number of commands.
  • "Up" - she stands on her hind legs
  • "Circle" - like your Bunnie's "spin"
  • "Go in" - she goes into her cage
  • "Bedtime" - she goes into her cage and expects her bedtime snack
  • "Treat" or "Carrot" - she comes running from wherever she is
  • "Where's Butter?" - still working on this, but most of the time she'll go find her stuffed friend Butter.
  • "Nose kiss" - obviously, she kisses my nose
  • "NO" - she's not so clear on this one.
To a large extent, "training" Natasha has mainly been a matter of seeing some behavior I wanted her to do, and saying the command when she did it. After a while she came to associate the action with the word, and then she'd do the action when I said the word.

WOW! That is very impressive! :D

I have been looking into trying clicker training with my boys. I think it's going to be hard with the two of them (since they are ALWAYS together) since it would be tricky if one catches on and the other doesn't...

Great video!

Actually training her wasn't so hard. She would usually follow my hand around if I held a treat in it. So I made her spin while saying the word, then gradually moved my hand higher and made partial circles around her head. Then she just got it one day. *clicked*
You guys should all try training your rabbits! Your friends will think its super cool!

You should teach her "come". Here is a link that shows you how to do it. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4I_kXculVA&feature=plcp[/ame]. I like all the videos from this person.

My rabbits are not trained much if at all. I am working on them with the comand "kiss". I basically say, can I have a kiss (insert bunnies name here)? When they get on their hind legs so that their head is above the 1st pannle of their cage (the door opening is over that) I kiss them and then give them a treat. Shiny Things is better at this than beauty.

So cute!! Our rabbits aren't trained at all...but now I totally want to start! The only thing they're trained to do is come running when they hear the treat jar opening!

I have taught tricks to my bunnies with clicker, they love it! :) They can do many tricks, I made a video about some of them:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raFfh0EsBXo[/ame]

That black-white bunny Wanda is just a silly baby, but she can do something too.. :D

OMG Hobitti that is AWESOME and I LOVE the binkie out takes at the end.

We so need to train Twigs to do tricks or anything for that matter. But how do you train with treats when he get so excited to have a treat that hes attaching your hand to get it?

That is THE best video I have ever seen! I would be trying to teach my buns to binky on command like the part in the end! TOOOOO cute! :D

Back