Tattoo to commemorate Pippin- everyone share their own special tattoos for their buns!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcottonl02

Reaction score
I can't believe I actually went through with it!!! Caned like a mother on the outline especially along the blade but the rest was ok and once I knew what kind of pain to expect it was okay. I just kept repeating in my head 'It doesn't hurt...just doesn't even hurt....doesn't actually even hurt' HA

I love it SO much. Everyone share their tattoos in memory of their buns. Also any advice on aftercare etc. would be great. I have taken the cling film off. They said to leave it untouched for 48 hours then apply the special cream twice a day...every day they said...forever...which was odd. I also bought some tattoo sun protection cream for holiday in sept.

280759_10150716651330038_761120037_19757044_3481496_o.jpg
280759_10150716651330038_761120037_19757044_3481496_o.jpg

273064_10150716648625038_761120037_19757008_6976186_o.jpg

272855_10150716653070038_761120037_19757070_4045640_o.jpg

It's a Quince flower, which is the flower planted on Pippin's grave.

I love it so much and I love that I have commemorated my love for him as gorgeous art on my body, with me forever.

I didn't actually want it so big but they said the detail woudln't be good enough and there would be a chance of blurring...but now I am used to seeing 'something' on my shoulder it doesn't look that big at all- perfect size!!!!

SHARE EVERYONE

Also thanks for all the advice from everyone. Was so helpful. ESPECIALLY the comment about wearing a top I can easily slip down so I don't need to take it off HA

Jen

The flower came out beautiful!

It has gotten me started thinking about a memorial sort of thing for my cat. It's been 3 years and I still cry sometimes I miss him so much.

I've got 11 tattoos myself. Usually the best advice is to follow what the artist instructed. The reason s/he suggested putting the cream on twice a day every day is because tattoos that are kept moisturized last practically forever without fading (well, if you also keep the tattoo out of the sun).

The rules I go with the most is to only run water over the tattoo once or twice a day for the first couple of days (DO NOT SOAK IT for like a month--until it's completely healed, especially in any untreated water). Apply moisturizer to it (one without dye or perfume...usually it's a geriatric moisturizer).

Just a sec, my comps on battery backup...I'll post when I'm back up.

THanks so much erin and brandy! I love it soooo much and the pain was definately worth it.

Thanks Hillrise- they told me not to put any moisteriser stuff on it for 48 hours but it's feeling kind tight and stuff and I have seen on some websites it says to put some on immediately. What would you recommend?

Also I am at work tomorrow (factory work) so I will be wearing an overall over my top. It's quite heavy. Shall I cover my tattoo in cling film again or should it be okay as long as its kinda loose fitting?

Jen

Heheh thanks a lot Grace. I was very glad it was over!! It just got sorer and sorer and every time he wiped it it felt like he was doing it with sandpaper! But nah it was okay. The pain hasn't put me off having another, even though it was pretty bad but it's kind of a bearable pain.

I just wanna keep it nice and make sure it doesn't scab n stuff now!!! Eek :/

Jen

It will get tight. I wouldn't put moisturizer on it yet, but if it's getting really uncomfortable, you can probably put A&D (vitamins) ointment or bag balm or emu oil, but just enough to make it more comfortable, not to coat it.

It will scab, all tattoos do. In about a week, it will probably look like the ugliest, but most colorful scab you've ever seen. It will also itch like CRAZY. Whatever you do, don't scratch it. If it gets to be too much, slap it lightly and repetitively (people might think you look wierd for doing so, but it's the best way to take care of the itch without ruining the tattoo). After that, it will start sloughing off in the shower, while you sleep and on your clothes. Under the slough it will be rather shiny (like a new scar, but that shine will fade until you have just colored skin).

As far as your overalls go, as long as they're not rubbing on the tattoo, you'll be fine. Tattoos do best when they can breath, so don't put the cling wrap back on it. A not-so-absorbent bandage (essentially, the cheap ones) would probably be the best if you need to protect it from rubbing.

It is beautiful, Jen :)!! Such a great way to honor Pippin.

I have a memorial piece on my back for my kitty, but here is my bunny-related chest piece. It's not a memorial because Morgan is still alive, but he is still always with me :)....

4620240403_37c799384f_z.jpg

Oh wow those are so great! Love them. Yes he really does look like benji! Thanks for the advice hillrise. I am at work now hence short message but my overalls r kinndaa rubbing but I have a cotton t shirt on. It's more just cos the tattoo is v sore.
Jen

undergunfire wrote:
It is beautiful, Jen :)!! Such a great way to honor Pippin.

I have a memorial piece on my back for my kitty, but here is my bunny-related chest piece. It's not a memorial because Morgan is still alive, but he is still always with me :)....

4620240403_37c799384f_z.jpg
Wow, love it!

I really want a rabbit tattoo, period. In woad blue, and something similar to a pictish or viking design for a rabbit. Or maybe a celtic rabbit trinity. Bunnies for life! :D

I don't have any tattoo, I want some of my kitties rubbing against my ankles, but I love the tattoos shown so far.

I'm such a big baby when it comes to needles and pain so I've been afraid to get one.

Jen, it's so pretty! How is it feeling now?

I've contemplated getting a tattoo in honor of my bunnies for years. And I just came up with a really good idea! I could get a forget me not flower for each of my bunnies that's passed away. That would be Cinnabun, Tallulah and Skyler. Then when my other bunnies pass on, I could add another flower for each of them... Forget me nots are such pretty and sweet little flowers and are my state's flower. They come in shades of blue, purple, pink and white so I could have a different shade for each bunny. Does anyone know if they can do white ink? And would it look okay to have a little flower added to the tattoo every few years?

It's depressing as heck to think of my babies dying and to be PLANNING their death in tattoos but I think it's something that would help me heal.

It really depends on your skin tone how well white or any "milky" inks like pastels will take. Talk to an artist and they can show you.

White is also best used for either highlighting or small ares, not large spaces.

Thanks Shiloh!
It's not that painful anymore but now it's just started to get REALLY itchy lol! I have tried the slapping technique but sometimes I wake up in the night and realise I am scratching it!!! Need to put mittens on I think! Haha. Still can't wear a non-strapless bra but at least I can move my arm normally now without much pain and I can just about sleep on my back.
It's started peeling very slightly now but other than that it seems to be healing remarkably!!! Moisterising it a few times a day and definately NOT scratching lol!

Aw that's a lovely idea!! Really nice! No I completely agree with you. Now that I have one for Pippin, I have been thinking about what will happen when Benji and my gorgeous cat Lily pass :(. Because I will definately also want one for each of them to commemorate them in the same way as they will leave a hole in my heart too when they go. Of course, Lily will be a lily!!! Not sure about Benji but it will have to be something very special, thought over for a long time to get the right thing to remember him with.

Jen

Back