Tattoo to commemorate Pippin- everyone share their own special tattoos for their buns!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
those are very pretty! i can't get a tattoo, i'm too much of a wuss to sit still while the needle pricks me:p
i would like to get a portrait done of howie, and my chinchilla silkie, i have never completely healed from howie's loss, and a memorial to him might help:)

It's funny you should say that because I am THE biggest wuss you could ever meet.
I have 3 piercings in my ears and want more, and my nose done but I have a very strange thing about needles. I HATE the idea of injections- the needle going deep into your flesh. I suffer them grudgingly but my hands drip with sweat before any injection etc. and I have to have someone with me to force me to get it.
I'm also very strange with piercings that involve needles, so anything other than a lobe piercing. I couldn't even watch my sister get her tragus done because I thought I might faint.

Tattoos on the other hand....it was really quite painful and made me grimace and whimper a good few times but the idea doesn't make me want to faint. It's the kind of pain I think people 'can take', if you get what I mean. It's not really like a needle as such...not in my eyes. A needle goes through you but this just pricks and vibrates. The thought of a knife does come to mind sometimes though in certain places and especially for the outline.

I would get another tattoo in a flash when I have reason to and meaning for the tattoo but the idea of getting a few more ear piercings (which I do REALLY want) makes my hands, again drip with sweat just at the thought of it lol.

So I am VERY surprised that the thought of tattoos don't do to me what needles and finger blood tests (like diabetes and the test they do before you give blood) do to me. So I think if I can get a tattoo- and be considering more- anyone can!!

:D

My tattoo is now peeling but is looking so fab. No scabbing or anything but just driving me crazy with the itching.

Can I overmoisterise it? Like...I did it 2 hours ago and am only trying to do it 3 times a day, lightly coating it, but apparently itching means it's too dry? I don't want to overdo the moisterising though. Any advice? I have had this 6 days now. Doesn't really hurt at all anymore (obviously still being very gentle with it and no bra straps), no scabbing, just peeling/flaky.

Jen

I'd say go ahead and add more moisturizer if it looks dry. The whole point of the moisturizer is to make the scab stay on as long as possible because that pretty much determines how long the tattoo will last without fading. Just keep in mind that the more you touch it (even to apply moisturizer), the more likely it is to come off sooner. Kind of a balancing act, I guess.

EEK it's peeling colour??? Is that okay?? I don't want the colour to come off it! It's so beautiful the way it is :(

Jen

Also there are two thin pure white lines across it (not my skin colour) that I THINK are rolls of peeled skin but I am not sure. The whole thing is a little dull and peeling and I am really worried it will lose colour or something.

In fact I'll post pics.

273013_10150724568040038_761120037_19850200_1474839_o.jpg

279576_10150724574280038_761120037_19850310_7304011_o.jpg
267001_10150724574685038_761120037_19850318_386889_o.jpg

Can you see the white line on the left hand side? There is also a smaller one on the leaf.

I don't wanna touch and play with it to see if it's skin or just....no colour any more :(

It also doesn't look as bright and sharp as it did before.

Any advice???

Jen

That is perfectly normal. As the tattoo heals underneath the top layers of skin flake off. The colour that was in those layer also flakes off. The tattoo underneath will probably be slightly lighter. Part of the reason it is soooooo itchy is that it is healing. Continue to moisturize it.

Latest posts

Back