Sydney bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skateyc

Reaction score
Hey guys, my names Caitlin and I guess I wanted to join a forum for bunnies because... I need to see that there are people out there who have a bunny like I have a bunny.

My bunny is seven months old and carries on like a baby boy with a serious mummy complex. He's a dwarf lop (apparently with traces of Netherland blood?) whoI bought during my lunch break in March (I'd just finished reading Watership Down)... perhaps unsurprisingly, I named him Fiver.

I wasn't completely oblivious as to how to care for a bunny, but I tried to raise him never to shy away from a cuddle by taking him everywhere (and I still take him everywhere, bar work) in a soft bag and introducing him to anyone who asked. I think for a rabbit he has a seriously cool life. He regularly attendssleepovers, coffee dates, nice restaurants and lovesplaying with my Pomeranian and other small dogs at the park (on a leash). You may think I'm mistaking terror for glee, but he honestly does bound around the oval doing flying 360s in the air.

At home, he cuddles up on my bed like some kind of beautiful cat and will snuggle in your arms for hours if given the chance. If you take your hand away, he'll run up toit and place his head against your outstretched hand. If you put him on his back, he goes into the infamous bunny trance, blissing out completely. He also seems to do a little party trick where you count down from three with your fingers and he snaps out of it and comes back to life.

I guess what I'm getting is that I was skeptical about rabbits as pets at first, but I never imaginedthe strength of thebonda humancan forge withtheir bunny. I couldn't have hoped for a more loving, affectionate, interactive or rewarding pet. So without further ado, I'd like to introduce to you my pride and joy, Fiver the dwarf!

2ymaqmv.jpg

29oso3n.jpg

2wmp9i8.jpg

skateyc wrote:
I guess what I'm getting is that I was skeptical about rabbits as pets at first, but I never imaginedthe strength of thebonda humancan forge withtheir bunny. I couldn't have hoped for a more loving, affectionate, interactive or rewarding pet.

Yep that is definitely true...i have had bunnies in my life for nearly seven years now...i will never be without a bunny in my life now....for most of us..once you get bitten by the bunny bug..thats it..they rule you ;)

And welcome..your bunny is very adorable and he sounds so sweet...

Thanks dude! I think you're right, I couldn't be without one now! I always tell friends who are a bit sus when they meet Fiver, 'bunnies are the new cats' hehe

Welcome Caitlin and Fiver :biggrin2: Fiver is adorable. I have yet to read that book actually... Fiver sounds quite precious! You are right about the bunny/human bond though. It surprised me as well when I first started with bunnies. Looking forward to hearing more from you. :)

Let me welcome you to Rabbits Online, my name is Dave and I am a moderator on the forum. So if I can be of any help please let me know. This is a terrific website for rabbits and their slaves, not only is it very active but also friendly. I am so glad you’re here and I know you will enjoy it.

What a cutie!

Many bunny's recommend their slaves to this site so we may learn of others methods to keeping our furry masters happy.

If you everhave a sick bunny, please post in The Infirmary and include your rabbit's age, breed and health history as well diet and output details leading up to the problem.

I have listed some links I thought you might find interesting:

*For reference the Library section

*To brag or tell everyone about the antics of your bunny or just to talk about your day here is where to start a Bunny Blog, you can also look back at it later and remember when you had a life before your bunny.

*Now all the bunny’s like talk to each other when we mere slaves aren’t around in the Bunny Chat is the spot to be.

*Rabbits Online also has regional forums , this a good way to find a vet in your area that has experience with rabbits and to find out from other nearby of good sources of rabbit supplies.

The Let Your Hare Down section is for anything non-bunny related.

Here is a link tothat will help you and your bunny to connect, How To Bond With Your Bunny.

Now every forum has rules and ours can be found with this link Rabbits Online Forum Rules. This gives guidelines on what is acceptable, what is not and how we hope everyone will treat each other.

Everyone on this forum loves to see pictures of each other’s bunnies. So if you would like to post a picture this link will help you do that, Upload Photo's to Photo Gallery. Then in the post, you click on the "G" in the tool bar to insert your photo. Many people also use Photobucket. You just copy the img file and paste it into the post.

I am glad you have joined rabbits online and I look forward to seeing you around.

Latest posts

Back