switching hay brands

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaiah

Reaction score
we've been giving our boy, Mufasa, Kaytee brand natural timothy hay, but recently decided to switch him to a brand called Sweet Meadow. It's still timothy hay, but is far less dusty and looks a lot better than the Kaytee stuff.

my question is: when switching from one brand of hay to another, do we still need to introduce the new hay to our bun slowly, like with pellets, or does it not matter so much because its essentially the same kind of hay?

Mufasa's eating it just fine, but i don't want to upset his tummy unintentionally and we just ran out of the Kaytee stuff. i'd been mixing the bottom of the bag with the new stuff for about 2 days now and didn't want to buy the Kaytee stuff again, but will do so if necessary.

please let us know!

thanks!

Kaiah:)

He should be fine on the new hay.

I buy my hay by the bale, and I don't need to do any tranisition from one bale to another. Each bale is slightly different, but bunnies tolerate the change of hay quite gracefully.

--Dawn

Latest posts

Back