Swine Flu Vaccine

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Have you got/will you get the swine flu vaccine?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hm, didn't know about the type O blood thing. I'm type O. Good thing I got the shot! I'm pregnant and there's a lot of H1N1 around here. I also got the regular flu shot to cover my bases.

The baby of a distant relative had to be flown to the Children's Hospital in Milwaukee because of H1N1. He was too young to get the shot. He was fine when he was put down for a nap but when his mom checked on him two hours later he was barely breathing. By the time the paramedics got there he didn't seem to be breathing at all. Thankfully he survived and is back home again.

Yes, some people are worried about the preservatives used in the shots. But there are preservative-free shots available. There aren't as many and the H1N1 clinic I went to was saving them for pregnant women. But they are available. The preservative-free version of the regular flu shot should be easily found.

My short and quick 2 cents.

I am an asthmatic, allergic to the world with serious chronic broncitis and all sorts of fun stuff.
My daughter has severe dust allergies and mild asthma.

Years ago any time I did get the flu shot, I think it was 3 years in a row....17yrs old, 18 and 19...each time I got VERY sick...I had to be put in the hospital for one of them related to my asthma.

I have found I do not seem to get the flu, if I do not get the shot. I might get some colds here and there and even a small part of the flu every now and again...but nothing was ever as bad as when I actually had the shots.

Because they are so new...with no real understanding of the long term possible problems...I will not allow my daughter to have it either. There is too much history of people trying to do good and finding out, 10, 20...50 years later that it had horrible repercussions...
I will not risks my daughters long time life plans for a moment of fright...After all we do have a hospital 5 minutes away should something terrible happen...

I can not find it...but I am not quite sure what it is I am looking for to begin with...Many years ago, my mother told me about a shot? Vaccine? something..that I think had some thing to do with mercury...and it was not until 20 years later that they learned it was making women sterile.

I am aware that with everything there is a risk.

I think as a people, we must make our own choices, based on the lives we lead, the experiences we have had and make as well and educated guess as possible.

I do believe I heard children tend to follow the genetics of the mothers. It was explained to me, my daughters allergies come from me having them...etc.

So because of the reactions I have to the flu shots..this is a huge reason why I will not allow her tyo get any flu shot.

They say that though it is not 100% promise/fact that your children will react as you did, but the risk is high. Pertains to medicenes as well. Everyone in my famliy is very allergic to Penicillian. Me...deathly so. Almost killed me twice as a young child. My mom, sister, Nana...all have issues with it...but...my daughter does not. Nature is a funny fickle woman...
I try my best to just smile and not argue with her :)

The regular flu shot and the N1H1 shot is free in Alberta.

I got my regular flu shot on Oct 19, after the initial rush was over, and there was no longer any line ups for it.

I plan to get the N1H1 any day now, as I come in contact with many people during the day. Several people at work already got theirs.

I am healthy, but if I get sick, I get really sick. Who would look after my bunnies? ;)

I'm in the high risk group because I have Asthma. I didn't know about the Type O blood. My sister and I are both O one of us is positive the other is negative. Neither one of got the H1N1 shot. I think because of the field of work I do, I would of got by now but I haven't so I'm good. I have never received the Flu Shot as an Adult, dont remember getting it in my teen years unless we got it through school, so why start now?

If I get sick it's usually just a cold or Asthma related. I think I've had the flu once in ten years.

I voted NO. I'm not getting it and don't want it.

We have enough of the swine flu vaccine here for all of us aussies...but i have chosen not to get it...no reason at moment...might change my mind later on though

I have never had the flu shot either..

I just got over having the flu... may have been H1N1 or may have been the usual.
Not sure but right after getting over it I got a cold. Not fun! :( Finally I'm feeling completely better.

I'm still holding off on getting either of the vaccines.

Pet_Bunny wrote:
Just got my N1H1 shot this morning.

No line up at all, there was a nurse ready to jab me, as I walked in. :D
Now that there is enough to go around and everyone can get it, there are no lines. I guess people like waiting in long lines in the cold, but that may just be Calgarians.

I am not getting the shot. I have not gotten the seasonal flu shot in a long time (if ever) and I don't get sick often. I am relatively healthy and have never been hospitalized for anything. While I am a young adult (20), I am not in school and don't work and have little contact with people. I also don't like needles (I tend to faint), so would like to avoid them if at all possible.

Husband came home feeling flu-y today, and has spent the whole evening comatose on the other end of the sofa. (I do not understand why he doesn't just go to bed.)

Figures: Next week, my department starts two weeks of mandatory overtime at work. No time off approved for ANY reason. I have vacation time available, but being out for more than a day will get me tons of points. (They're currently trying to fire a girl for being out for a week with H1N1 last month.) The only way to not get in trouble would be to get hospitalized.

Which means if I get sick, I will have to go to work sick, even if I'm vomiting half the day.
Hopefully, I will be able to avoid getting sick.

Still no H1N1 vaccine available here. :(

BethM wrote:
Orchid wrote:
It is stated clearly in the article that the girl was ill prior to getting the vaccine, and that there was no clear link between the vaccine and her death.

Of course it does. One only has to read the article to see that.

It does how ever have more information to read than that one simple statement however.

but "no link can be made between the death and the vaccine until all the facts are known and a post-mortem takes place."

Orchid wrote:
BethM wrote:
Orchid wrote:
It is stated clearly in the article that the girl was ill prior to getting the vaccine, and that there was no clear link between the vaccine and her death.

It does how ever have more information to read than that one simple statement however.

but "no link can be made between the death and the vaccine until all the facts are known and a post-mortem takes place."
Do you have a link to the post-mortem information? This death occured a few months ago, surely they've completed that by now.

Besides, this article has nothing to do with the H1N1 vaccine. Different vaccine for a different illness.

BethM wrote:
Orchid wrote:
BethM wrote:
Orchid wrote:

Do you have a link to the post-mortem information? This death occured a few months ago, surely they've completed that by now.

Besides, this article has nothing to do with the H1N1 vaccine. Different vaccine for a different illness.

I do not see why you seem so upset. Can not everyone here have an opinion, even if it differs from yours?

and it is related to my response...my feelings on vaccines.

Either which way...I am not concerned enough to find out whatever post mortem information there is because I will not have this nor will my daughter. Should someone more interested in those answers want to look they may do so....but I do not see what is relevant to if I know the answers. I only provided a link and food for thought. Diversity...

Orchid wrote:
I do not see why you seem so upset. Can not everyone here have an opinion, even if it differs from yours?

and it is related to my response...my feelings on vaccines.

Either which way...I am not concerned enough to find out whatever post mortem information there is because I will not have this nor will my daughter. Should someone more interested in those answers want to look they may do so....but I do not see what is relevant to if I know the answers. I only provided a link and food for thought. Diversity...

You imply that the death is related to the vaccine, but don't even care enough to follow up to find out the final facts in the case? The actual facts are not relevant?
That's fear-mongering.

I never said no one else should have an opinion, but if you're going to scare people you should provide some facts to back up the reasoning.

I wouldn't get it, I have never gotten vaccinatd for any flu type virus and I have a compromised immune system where I get sick easily.
Most of the H1N1 cases have not been true, mainly jus tbad cases of te flu.

And the creatoers of the drug, word of mouth, have not even gotten the vaccination. I will not get this for my daughter. No one knows the possible long term effecs of it, and if not this virus, then another will mutate from the vaccine and so on.

Latest posts

Back