Surprise Babies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crystalkate

Reaction score
I got the surprise of my life last Saturday. My 9 month old rabbit Peaches have birth to 6 healthy babies. Which comes as a relief, because the past two weeks before the babies she had been growling and butting me. Which was very very odd and upsetting.
My 9 year old daughter took her on a hop (walk) with her neighbor friend who has a lionhead rabbit. It was suppose to be a girl, but it clearly wasn't. My daughter knows nothing about reproduction, and I wasn't home. It took us days to figure out how Peaches came in contact with a male rabbit.
Either way we now have very cute babies. I'm keeping them with their mom in a C&C 2X3, two story cage, with a heat lamp.
Only one of the babies resembles mom. She's the light brown one. The black one is resembling the dad. He is a black and white lionhead. The other 4 are a complete mystery to me. Three of them have a stripe down their back with little spots around it. Grey ears, and grey around their eyes. And the 4th one looks to be all grey. What do you think they will be? The picture of the full grown bunny is Peaches the momma. ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1391189090.566793.jpgImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1391189121.553000.jpgImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1391189153.069135.jpgImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1391189186.406028.jpg ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1391189042.385755.jpg

Congrats even if they were unexpected. They are adorable, colour combinations are lovely and they all look really well. I love bunny babies, nothing cuter, keep the pics coming please :)

It looks to me like you have some broken colored ones & some of what they call 'charlie' patterned ones. They are all very cute :)

Never heard of Charlie patterned. I'll have to look that up.

These guys are super cute! I can't wait to see more pictures! Everyday (up until she was neutered) I was always hoping for a little surprise like this to happen with my girl. It sure would be a big surprise if it happened now! Hehe

:brownbunny

Aw, they're so precious!

:inlove:

I'd love to see updates of them growing up.

I honestly thought we had a virgin birth. I was out of my mind confused. I've never found so much excitement in something, as I have in watching these babies everyday. I'm so proud of Peaches as a first time mom. Our local pet store that I trust was recommending me getting her spayed just a week before she had them. She started growling at me, and even tried to nip me a few times. She's never done that. I was so upset at her, and now I understand.

What a lovely surprise! They are so adorable! I don't know how you get anything done! I would be wanting to sit there snuggling them all day! :inlove: Oh, I hope you can continue to updates with lots of pix as they grow! Congratulations on those adorable, healthy baby buns!

I love both pics but that first one awwww so lovely, those little thumpers and that lickle face. I too want lots more pics and updates. They certainly do brighten up any day :)

Awww, awww and triple awww. The are just adorable. Doesn't it just make you want another :p

I didn't mean to hit reply that fast. First picture is the babies earlier. The second picture is a possibly pregnant red rex I saved from my local humane society. Someone dumped four rabbits there today, and they were going to euthanize them. I brought them all home. I'm going to find good safe homes for the others. But I'm kinda falling in love with this girl. I love rex bunnies, and she is very sweet.

Those babies are just too cute! I want to snuggle & hold them all! lol That is so sad that they were going to euthanize those 4 rabbits that were brought in to your humane society today! I'm glad you got them so you could give them a chance to find a good loving bunny home! Why were they going to euthanize them so soon? Not even giving them a chance to find a home? It breaks my heart that people can just drop animals off & not care what is going to happen to them afterwards! I would at least try to find them a home I thought would care for them. Sorry to get on my soapbox, but all living creatures deserve to have as good a life as possible & not just tossed out &/or destroyed because somebody doesn't want it any more! Time for me to go before I say something that will get me tossed off RO. Thanks CrystalKate for saving those bunnies & finding them a loving home!

Someone left them at the humane door with a note saying they were moving to Indiana and couldn't keep them. The humane posted a not this morning on their FB page telling their story and that they are free to anyone who wants them. No one responded. At 1pm, which had only been maybe four hours after they posted a friend of mine who works there called me and told me that if they weren't gone by this evening they were going to euthanize them. I was in my car, and headed their way immediately. They were stuffed in a very small completely wire cage. They couldn't move. I also was told they were all females, and once I got home and checked, one was a male.
What I don't understand is this humane society is suppose to be a non-euthanizing rescue. Why would they do this? I guess rabbits don't count. So frustrating.

That is so sad, apparently it happens a lot and it makes me so angry! It doesn't cost much to keep rabbits fed and watered until they get re-homed. I didn't think they got as little as a day! So, so glad that you saved them! That rex is absolutely gorgeous! You'll be at full bunny capacity soon!

Back