Supplies for first litter...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Revverress

Reaction score
I'm getting ready for my first litter [English Lops] to be bred in March, and even though the breeding date is still a ways off, I'm going to a huge show this weekend and figured any supplies I would need I could buy there. I already have a nestbox and extra cages, and the breeder I got my pair from is going to help me with tatooing. Is there any supplements I could put in the water for the kits, or anything not obvious I'm going to need? This is my first [and last, until I have my own place :(] litter, so I'm pretty nevous about it.

Just for the fun of it, here's a [bad] picture of the future mommy ^^:

[align=center]
dscn0457an6.jpg
[/align]

[align=left]Thanks in advance for any advice. :)[/align]

I know nothing about French Lops at all, but make sure there is a very low food dish for the babies, when they turn 2-3 weeks, well, for mini rex they start to jump out of there box. My first litter was so scary for me! How many cages do you have for them? You could end up having a huge litter!
Also, at 6 weeks I separate them, my males go in there own cages and my females stay together in 1-2 different cages and if it grows to that time they are separated at 10 weeks, for females. Usually they are already in a new home by then but, you never know.
But, I do not know much about French Lops so I am not sure.

I bought three new cages, but the ones I have now are big enough that I can split them into two cages using chicken wire or boards, so that would give me five extra holes since my pair take up two cages... I'm hoping since this is Tris' [doe] first litter, there won't be *too* many kit, but if there is a problem, I know someone who would make me a cage. :)

Thanks for the tip on the food bowl; I didn't even think about that. And, sorry, but I have to correct you- English lops. ;)Frenchies are close; ELs are just cuter. XD

Thanks. ^^

oooh your doe is adorable! Is she a broken Chestnut? I hope my buck Mississippi, (English Lop) has some Broken Chestnuts when he breeds with a doe soon. She's adorable! I wish you were over here, lol!

Emily

I find my moms go thru alot more water while they are on a litter, I have 64 ozbottles on all my doe's cages.

Extra bowl for when babies start to eat....

That's all I can think of off hand.

Sorry, I know nothing really about lops:) All I know are Fuzzies and Mini Lops. My friend raises Mini Lops and I use to raise Fuzzy Lops. Oh Yes and the Holland Lop. Yes, My first litter I did not think about that either and I saw the babies where straining to get to there mom's food dish which was tall sooooo....

Latest posts

Back