Storms many cages

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs. PBJ

Reaction score
http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=49696&forum_id=93

This thread started here

His First cage

SDC10047.jpg

His second cage same cage with different run

SDC10069-1.jpg

His thrid cage First NIC cage

SDC10143.jpg

Storm fourth cage a different NIC cage that grew from the first one

SDC10184.jpg

Storms Fifth cage another NIC cage that was suposed to be made for the preperation of a second rabbit.

SDC10223.jpg

This is the same cage with no panels instead we bought wood to hold the layers up.

SDC11145.jpg

And finally without further a dew Storms new cage thanks to Ali
SDC11387.jpg

SDC11391.jpg

SDC11390.jpg

OMIGAWD i see kittens!!!

how is the wood holding up the levels? just have a peice across under a level?

he looks very spoiled and happy :)

Yes there wher four and a mom foster for the humaine society.

I stilll have the blue one you see we are keeping him.

And yes we put the bar thru the holes of the NIC panels uner the level it makes them so much more sturdy. And still gives him maximum room.

Here are a few pictures I stil have to put holes in the wood to put the zip ties so they dont shift. But my tools are at my oms she is building a new garden

SDC11393.jpg

SDC11394.jpg

SDC11395.jpg

Yes I used the boxes form the panels as flooring I am just lucky that storm is not a naughsty bunny in the sense of litter or water habbits. So I have not had to change the card board yet

hmm...i thought about doing that but couldnt imagine how!! i will definately have to steal this idea. having a panel to hold up a level definately takes a lot of room away from the flemish

I definitely went through a number of different set ups until I found one that works well for both me and the buns.
I wonder how many other people have this problem.

Hi Mrs. PBJ

I have also used wooden rods to hold up my layers on my new cage (not comletely finished yet) but instead of using cable ties to hold them in place, I've just used the saw to cut a little notch out so it slots over the wire. It works great and doesn't move at all :)

Jo x

missyscove wrote:
I definitely went through a number of different set ups until I found one that works well for both me and the buns.
Umm won't go into the jokes on here about me and cages. :blushan:

JadeIcing wrote:
missyscove wrote:
Umm won't go into the jokes on here about me and cages. :blushan:
I wanted to say thank you for the idea of the cage and the new thread sorry I stole your idea

SDC11631.jpg

This was storm last cage then he went to free rome but he start chewing base boards and carpet and beinga rental we cant have that.

SDC11926.jpg

This is his newest cage its temperary tell I get my Pet giant buts it the same size.

He still gets all the out time during the day when we are home but when we are alseep or gone he will be in his cage

Ok so we have another couple of picture to add to this thread.

Its funny to see all my cages at one point or another.

Ok so this is there newest set up now the cages have been in different area, so I will follow with those but this is their current set up.

bf7d9368.jpg

fcd53732.jpg

Storm is Blue Jessi is green.

Now this below is the one before this current one. The only problem I had was Storm freaked not being able to get back in his cage on his own. So we changed tot he current one.

dace2f0a.jpg

6f2e3270.jpg

This was there set up before the stacked one. This one worked great except for they really did not have a lot of run room. They had a lot but nothing like they did with the stack one.

5ca0f402.jpg

This one when I only had one cage to two bunnies Storm was free rome and jessi had a cage.

Hope everyone enjoys.

Kat

About how my guinea pig cages went. Start with a 2x4 for the boys and a 2x3 for the girls. Add hay lofts. Add a 2nd 2x4 to make L shaped cages. Double the 2nd level. Decide it's all too small and build giant 2x8 cage that runs the length of the room with girls on top 3 grids high and boys on the floor. Add 2nd level. Decide it's still too small, rearrange the apartment to empty a room, take the doors off the closet, and use all the coroplast from previous cages duct taped together to cover all the room except walking paths to catch guinea pigs. Unfortunately since they don't litter train this is the best that can be done to give them space.

On the guinea pig forum we've referred to these cages as legos for adults.

NicoleJasien wrote:
Just curious where you found the little heart playpen?

The heart play pen was given to me by Kieth. He runs a local mom and pop Pet supply store. He bought it before hurricane Ike. Well his shop got 3 feet of water. So its was rusting so I took it.

I need to do something about the rust two years later almost its getting pretty bad. So I don't know where he got it and we have tried to find it again in blue and pink cause I really want another to replace the rusted one. But Keith is looking for it if he finds it I will let you know. But he has been looking for over a year.

well we have more set ups.

Now that they are bonded. They need room together and they where near my A/C intake. The hay was not a good friend of my allergies or hubbies.

4760ef8b.jpg

6db65c11.jpg

Their old one by the A/C intake

5c85fe0a.jpg

bd4d1719.jpg

Their current set up yeah I know little spoiled

Nice setup! I'm like akane w/ my guinea pig cages. I've had so many guinea pigs in & out of here in the last 5 years that I've upgraded and then had to downsize and then upgrade. I think I'm on my 12th different cage for the piggies. I'm itching to do something w/ Buddy's cage but I'll wait. :) He's only been here for about 6wks. LOL

Latest posts

Back