Stewie is getting his surgery..YAY!!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tammy B

Reaction score
FINALLY Stewie is heading to the vet on Thursday to get neutered..Man it's been trying here with him and i am soo glad that i have the patience of steel lol....I will keep everyone updated on him as he goes in and during the recovering process.A very well known and respected vet is doing the procedure so i am a lil more relaxed but i am still nervous for him especially since i won't be there with him but that might not be all that bad he may come home and not bite me anymore ...i know likely wishful thinking huh lol...but i am holding on to that slight possiablity :)

I'm sure he'll do great! I've heard of so many cases where issues like spraying, being territorial, and aggressiveness has been helped with neutering. I hope you have great results!

Good Luck Stewie!!

Thank You mjpeter....He has gone off to spend the night with the lady that is driving him then he will be home tomorrow.....I am a very nervous bunny mom right now though :(....I miss my baby boy..But i know he's in the best hands :heartbeat:

Hooray! Hope & pray that the surgery goes well & that Stewie has a quick recovery! Keep us posted! Will try to check back in as soon as I can for Stewie & "Stewie mom" updates! lol Best wishes for the both of you with Stewie's upcoming surgery!

Thank You So Much for the prayers Larry :)

And thank you Tauntz i hope so too....Very nervous bunny mom right now
nerves%5B1%5D.gif
...I will see him tomorrow when he arrives home from surgery i KNOW he is in good hands :bunny24

Hoping all goes well with your Stewie!! My Stewie goes in soon for neutering too, we found a nice big bite mark on my autistic son's leg today and know who the culprit was as I was sitting right next to him while he was playing with Stewie when he said "Stewie don't bite!". I feel bad that I didn't check Zach's leg right when it happened but I assumed it was just a nip (it was a full blown bite!). Luckily Stewie was better with Zach today, I think it really is a "testing" and or territorial thing with our Stewie too.

Keep us up to date on how he is doing!

Well it's almost 11 am and i have heard nothing from the vet...Going to call soon to see how he's doing..He didn't get his exam till 8 45 this morning so he went in a lil later than expected but sometimes no news is good news eh lol.The lady that took him in for me she volunteers with Hope For Wildlife and does some amazing rescues here.She said she was very impressed with the vet and her vast knowledge of rabbits so he's in excellent hands.I told her that Dr.Gwen is a BUNNY VET and she told me that she certainly is so i am alot more calm this morning than i was last night..Never slept a wink worried about my lil man :(...but he will be home hopefully in a few hours and i will keep you all informed.

Vanessa....The lady(Karen)said she is also going to ask for take home pain meds as well as me when i call here shortly...I will text you as soon as i know anything :)

I would agree that no news is good news. :) When Felix was in for his neutering, I didn't hear back until around 2pm, and I'd dropped him off the night before.

Well it's almost 11 am and i have heard nothing from the vet...Going to call soon to see how he's doing..He didn't get his exam till 8 45 this morning so he went in a lil later than expected but sometimes no news is good news eh lol.The lady that took him in for me she volunteers with Hope For Wildlife and does some amazing rescues here.She said she was very impressed with the vet and her vast knowledge of rabbits so he's in excellent hands.I told her that Dr.Gwen is a BUNNY VET and she told me that she certainly is so i am alot more calm this morning than i was last night..Never slept a wink worried about my lil man :(...but he will be home hopefully in a few hours and i will keep you all informed.

Vanessa....The lady(Karen)said she is also going to ask for take home pain meds as well as me when i call here shortly...I will text you as soon as i know anything :)

PLEASE keep us all posted.... I'm glad you asked for meds to take home. I didn't and I think Lady really suffered and don't want you to have Stewie going through the same thing and I mean, what the hell if you don't need them, fine, but with the way transport is up there, it's better to be safe than sorry! You want him to be comfortable..

Vanessa

Wow, I'm looking at the time here now and it's 10:12. Forgot that NS is an hour ahead. You guys are on Atlantic time, right?
Or DST? Anyway, I hope you hear something soon and anyway if you don't call anyway just to ease your mind. It won't hurt..

Vanessa

Ok Everybody...Stewie has made it through surgery with flying colors :happybunny:.
He is still in recovery and doing well...hasn't eaten anything yet so they are going to keep him there and comfy till he does..they kept apoligizing lol it was funny ..i told them however long it takes keep him i want him to come home when HE is ready not when everyone thinks he is...She laughed and told me i was a good bunny mom :).I guess some people get pretty pissy sometimes when they are ready to pick up their pets and the pet isn't relased to them right away..can you imagine..Oh well i told them to let me know when he is ready and i will get the drive on the way to get him.....I am so excited and nervous at the same time for him to come home as i know he's gonna be in pain :(.

Is there anything i should be doing or not doing for him for when he gets here?
He probably shouldn't be hjoping on top of things and stuff for a few days should he?
I have pain meds for him that will be accompanying him..once a day i guess as needed....I'm gonna need some help through this...i hope you guys are ready lol...

Updates to come!!!

:woohoo So glad Stewie has had his surgery & doing well! Now tell him to get his little bunny butt busy eating that yummy hay so everyone/bun will feel better & he can come home! lol Still praying that his recovery is quick & uneventful! Sorry I can't help other than everything I have read about bunny surgeries says to keep them in a small enclosure so they will be calm & not try to move around too much too soon. When Hope can home from the vet I had to use hardware clothe & divide their xpen in half so that I could monitor both bunnies & their poops along with their food/water intake. I will be praying & if possible checking for others advice & your Stewie updates! :bunnynurse:

Stewie is home :bunnydance:
And doing great here he is in his new pen i made while he was at the doctors :whistling
He LOVES it lol....Very comfy and happy bun right now would never have thought he just had surgery.
I got him enclosed Tauntz don't worry he's confined haha.

Got pain meds and he gets them every morning so he should be just groovy in a few days ......YAY Stewie mommy knew you could do it.:woohoo

old metal sheves out of an old corner store..neat i just happened to have em :)

I'm glad he's recovering so well! He looks pretty comfy in his makeshift pen. One thing you may need to do is provide a warm pack. They can have a hard time keeping their temp up after surgery. You can usually tell if they are too cold, if their ears are icy cold, colder then they would normally be when resting. If he seems cold, you can fill a cotton bag or sock with rice(and tie off) and microwave it for a few seconds, then wrap in a towel and place it next to him. Just make sure you don't get it too hot. A bottle filled with warm water may work, but you would have to check it more often to make sure it isn't cooling, as that could chill him.

Latest posts

Back