Starksy, Lacey & Leo's Blogage

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That Diesel is so Darn Cute. I wish I lived near you I'd definitely adopt him, Daisy Mae needs a live in boyfriend. I love his colouring.

More pictures please.

Susan

ellissian wrote:
Poor Diesel, are you keeping him or looking for a good forever home for him?

All your buns are so beautiful! :)

At the mo I'm fostering Diesel for a local pet welfare group. If they find him a good home then so be it but if they don't I won't be giving him up :)

Starsky and Lacey thank you too. They are so darn cute, I'm so lucky to have them.

Susan - Send Daisy Mae some luuurrrvve from Diesel, maybe they could hook up online!

So, I haven't had the chance to update my blog in ages. I keep meaning to do it but I have been really tied up with stuff and I just haven't had the time. Anyway, enough of my excuses.

Is anyone else's buns going through a big moult at the moment? Mine are all doing it so I've got fur coming out of every space. Just check it out, the disappearing rabbits;

Now you seen Starsky,

DSC01008.jpg

Now he's all brushed away!

DSC01234.jpg

Same for Lacey:

Scary.jpg

DSC01233.jpg

And Diesel, well he isn't moulting so bad probably because he isn't indoors but he is sure giving it a good go;

DSC00969.jpg

DSC01235.jpg

This is fur I have collected in just the last couple of days. Mad. I am surprised that they all still have fur0)

your buns are adorable!

i'm having a horrible time with the hair in my room.. yesterday i took the girls outside and plucked them, and i could have sworn that i was fuzzier than they were!

:pullhair:
-sabrina

Oh thank you. I think they're adorable but it is always really sweet when others agree.

I know what you mean about the fuzziness. I keep finding little hairs in my mouth - they keep floating up off my t-shirt because I am covered. Invest in a lint roller or if you can't afford it just wet your hands and rub them down your top as that should pick up the hair. I have just been too lazy to do it :)

I'm thinking of selling my rabbit fur as stuffing for pillows or something as I have so much of it. Any takers?!

Well, somebun has had a busy day today. My boyfriend came upstairs this morning before he left for work and told me that Starsky was re-arranging the cage. When I went downstairs I found Starsky digging everything in the cage up and out of the way. He was in a kind of digging fit/rage. Anyway, I sorted the litter tray, food and hay out as usual and Starsky stopped for a few moments to eat. Then he went on the rampage again and started digging at the floor. He was relentless and wouldn't stop so I popped a phone book in the cage so he had something to dig his nails into. Less than a minute later and this is what was left of the book;

DSC01241.jpg

DSC01239.jpg

He really looked like he had rage, he didn't look like he was digging for fun. As for Lacey, she was behaving;

DSC01231.jpg

Last night was really quiet, a real eerie quiet night, the most peaceful night in a long time until 1am and then.................. thump, thump, thumpty thump.It was Diesel and he wouldn't stop. We looked out the bedroom window because we can see the hutch from the there but there was nothing around so we had no idea why he kept doing it. But it carried on and on for about 5 minutes. I got up, got dressed and made my way outside. Starsky & Lacey looked up at me and watched me leave like I was some kind of entertainment. I got outside,opened the hutch door and Diesel came to have a look at me and then sat down. I closed the hutch and went back upstairs (starsky and laceys heads followed me again!) and he was silent for the rest of the night. God knows what he was thumping about but there was nothing there or anywhere near the garden! He must have been able to sense something somewhere though.

Starsky had a restless day and had a digging fetish so he obliterated another phone book! Lacey was as tired as me soshe slept most of the day. No other news to report and I'm lacking photos today. Will have to catch up on those tomorrow if I get chance.

Thanks for reading my moan :)

Fun day in the garden today. Ihad the day off work but my boyfriend didn't so Ispent it with my bunnies :)It wasn't too hot outside so I let Starsky and Lacey out for a run and they really enjoyed it. Starsky was running and binkying all over the place- he was tooquick for me to get a video! Lacey, who is normally afraid of heights and a bitof a chicken, was climbing on top of our walland on top of the hutch! Diesel was locked up inside and he didn't like someone being on his hutchI can tell you.

At one point, the adventurousLacey managed to get under the hutch. You canjust about make her out in the photo (excuse the mess, Tuesday isn't a sweeping day!).

DSC01260.jpg

DSC01266.jpg

This is her crawling out;

DSC01268.jpg

Starksy wasgiving his usual relaxing pose. He must be getting old, he used to run and run and run without having to take a break but now he has to rest in between;

DSC01253.jpg

DSC01261.jpg

Diesel had his turn outtoo butby the time he came out the batteries had run out on the camera :( He's been eating weeds and finding dried banana bits that I scattered everywhere.He got a bit scared when someone came to our front door and knocked it - Diesel quickly disappeared back into the hutch. It must have been his sixth sense to get away - it was a blooming window salesman :)

Gorgeous pictures of beautiful bunnies, as usual. :biggrin2:

That's very strange about Diesel thumping like that, maybe there was a cat nearby out of sight? My Maddie hates cats and she will start thumping when she smalls one near my room.

Lol at the phonebook being destructed so quickly!! I have never saw one destroyed so fast before! :rofl:

Ah thank you Michaela.

It must have been a cat or something the other night. I thought maybethere was a big moth in his hutch but I couldn't find one when I looked.

As for the phonebook, I couldn't believe it either. I put it back in every morning now and it is unrecognisable. There are hardly any pages left!

Sad but happy day..........Diesel has gone to be bonded with a female. He could well be back tomorrow if it doesn't go well but if they hit it off he won't be back. There is an empty hutch outside now. I will miss him but it's better if he can be bonded.

DSC00996.jpg

DSC01006.jpg

x

It's time like this that I wish I had the camera ready.

When the rabbits come out in the lounge at night I always prop an empty cardboard box by the TV so that the buns can't reach any cables. The box used to have an entrance at the front but Starsky destroyed the inside so much that I had to block it off or the box was in danger of falling apart. Well, tonight Starsky jumped on top of the box and it collapsed to the floor. Starsky frightened the hell out of himself and jumped off to safety. He then spent the next five minutes looking up and down at the box trying to figure out what happened! It was one of those moments where 'you had to be there' to appreciate the comedy. I have a bit of a chesty cough at the moment so I have suffered for my laughing - I can't stop coughing now :) I think poor Starsky is somewhat embarrassed.

Still no news on Diesel. I'm disappointed that they haven't let me know but I guess they are real busy looking after all their buns.

So, hey there guys, it's beena while since I put anything in our blog. What a bad blogger I am!!

Well, it's been a fun couple of weeks as I have been off work. This has meant that I've been able to spend more time with my buns :) Although, it has meant that Starsky has driven me insane with hisobsessional digging!! But I still love him.

I took an absolute beauty of a photo of Lacey (although I may be biased!);

DSC01323.jpg

Ah, just look at her leaning on the litter tray, sooooo cute!

And check out the adorable DBF's they both had - they even put their legs around each other. Ahhhhh

DSC01271.jpg

DSC01272.jpg

Soooooo, I'm off on a trip tomorrow. I can't reveal what I will be doing as I don't want to jinx anything. BUT lets just say you'll all be interested tomorrow after I get a chance to update my blog. It may even warrant a new topic in the forum somewhere.

I paid a visit to Pets at Home yesterday to get some litter and I was very impressed with the cleanliness of the rabbits and their pens. And they were also separated so no chance of babies. I still don't agree that they sell any animals there but at least they are in better care than they were. Every now and again I find some nice toys there. I picked up this little willow hay basket only £2.99.The buns love it and have already broken the tie ups you can use to tie it to the cage :). But it's still standing.

willow.jpg

Look out for my update tomorrow if all goes well:)

Thanks for reading x

Just in case you didn't catch my other post (and just because I want to show off my new bun again!), here is my new addition Leo;

DSC01346.jpg

DSC01344.jpg

DSC01347.jpg

He's a 4 month old French lop and is just adorable. He met Starsky and Lacey (behind bars of course) and there was no aggression - Starsky just ran over to Lacey to protect her, ah! Leo is already bigger than the two of them and I can't wait for him to grow more.

He's absolutely ADORABLE. One day I want a French Lop, but I think Chris would kill me if I even suggested it.

Susan :apollo:

Susan, you just have to work on him for a while. My boyfriend was the same but he just loves Leo. And we've gone from 'you'll have to keep him outside because we don't have any room' to 'how can we re-arrange a room for him' :)

What a beautiful day it's been. I've been out with Leo for a while. He's pretty tired now so he's chilling out in his hutch.

He came in to explore the house:

DSC01371.jpg

Then had a rest;

DSC01390.jpg

Then explored some more;

DSC01358.jpg

Just look at him, ahhhhh;

DSC01379.jpg

He also loves his mummy very much - he was circling me today and he follows me everywhere. He went through two huge bowls of food yesterday and a massive pile of hay.I think he'll be putting his weight on prettyquick :)

Thanks for looking. S&Lwill be making an appearance in my bloglater/tomorrow. Don't worry, they're not missing out on any love. It's just that thecamera batteries have run outnow!

So, I took loads of photos and videos of all the buns and I was having so much fun that the batteries ran out before I could upload any. It's so not fair, the batteries on this camera are crappy :( :(

I have a few videos of Leo circling around me, bless him! He really is maturing as whenever he moves he grunts too. He is going to see the man inthe white coat tomorrow fora check up and VHD jab. We are also going to discuss the removal of certain body parts so I'll make sure I cover up his ears when we talk about it. Given that he is grunting, circling and spraying/chinning everything that moves or doesn't move he will be done sooner that I thought. BUT, the good news is that my bunny play pen has arrived so I can get his indoor set up sorted and he can come in once his op has been done - I know he'll still be a bit hormonal but I don't want him outside after the op as he needs to be in the warm and well looked after :)

Starsky & Lacey are doing well and are busy huddling up to each other as normal. I don't think they like the fact that I have another bunny. When I go out to feed Leo they watch me go back and forth and look up at me as if to say 'hmph, mummy has a new boy and has no time for us anymore'. Or maybe that's just me feeling guilty, even though I split my time equally.

Anyway, I won't bore you any longer as I know blogs are far more interesting with photos. I'll be back as soon as I've sorted the camera out.

What a gorgeously handsome dude.

I can't wait to see how the bonding goes after the snip snip. They will be a gorgeous trio!

Charge the batteries, it's time to upload those pics!

Latest posts

Back