Starksy, Lacey & Leo's Blogage

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabb1tmad

Reaction score
Well, this is my first ever blog. Never ever done one before so bear with me while I find my feet and blog etiquette ;)

For those of you who don't already know I am human slave to two mini-lops Starksy & Lacey, who are almost 3 years old. They are house rabbits and have been together since they were about 8 weeks old and they love each other so much. They are forever huddling up together and grooming each other. On the odd occasion they have a lovers tiff but it's rare! Lacey loves to nip Starsky's butt when he is laying in her spot - don't worry, it doesn't hurt him and she has never drawn blood. They have of course both been fixed so there'll be no babies. Lacey definitely wears the trousers and is quite bossy even with me. Starsky is just one big huge softie and will do anything for a nose rub or a cuddle. Lacey on the other hand is more likely to run away from you than want any of that soft rubbish - she only has eyes for Starsky!

I also have a foster bun called Diesel. He isa dwarf lop with huge back feet! He was poorly treated and is a little scared of humans. After weeks of work he is started to trust me more and more but he needs a little more work. He loves to run around outside and explore. When I change his litter tray in the morning he always stretches up for a peak over the steps into the lounge. He looks so cute when he does it - I'll have to try and get a photo of him.

I'll stop waffling now and leave you with this video of Starsky binkying tonight and Lacey showing her meercat impression :)

I took advantage of the weather today and spent some time with Diesel outside. He was having one of his grumpy days - everytime I approach him on one of those days he grunts at me! Other days I can pick him up and fuss him without fearing for my fingers! He has never bitten me but the way he grunts I can see and hear that it's a warning to get out before he bites!

Anyway, here he is today. I think he knows there are other rabbits in the house. Starksy & Laceys cage is just inside the patio door;

DSC01155.jpg

DSC01150.jpg

After playing outside I fed the detective duo. Anyone would think I never feed them. They ran to the bowl and started scoffing;

Here's Lacey;

DSC01157.jpg

And Starsky;

DSC01158.jpg

And a chomping video with a little scrap in the bowl to finish it all off;

A bit of a boring day in all but it is Sunday so it's supposed to be relaxing. You'll have to let me know if you don't see any photos/vidoes as I can't see any my links when I'm on this PC!

Very cute pictures and video, you need to get a bigger bowl so both heads fit into it at the same time. LOL

Susan:bunnydance:

Yeah! Laceys face is so much bigger than Starskys that there still won't be much room for him even if I have a bigger bowl - but this time he was the one being the bully, very unusual.

Your pics are very cute!! I love the video! Rabbits look so cute when they are eating....hehe....I suppose that pair would be cute doing just about n e thing together! Looking forward to more pics!

Aw thanks Leslie102. So, we haven't had much of a day today. I had a bad day at work and came home late so the bunnies have had their fun time cut slightly short and the batteries are almost dead on the camera!

I managed to get a couple of photos of Diesel, the cheeky minx! His play area is outside and I sit with him while he's out there. I popped into the lounge for 10 seconds to pick something up, turned around and look what I saw.......

DSC01165.jpg

And then.....

DSC01167.jpg

No aggression, just lots of sniffing. Starksy nose was almost touching Diesels but you can't see it on the photo. He was standing over Lacey almost like he was protecting her from Diesel, ah!

I'll do some more photos of the detective duo tomorrow I promise x

Awww beautiful piccies, your rabbits are just stunning. :inlove:

~~~~~
~Michaela, Maddie, Ebony, Pebble & Angel Bunny Berri~

Thank you Michaela, so I'm not biased, they really are stunning!

So, guess who forgot to charge the batteries on the camera - DOH!

It must be cheeky day today. Starsky is gruting away and chasing Lacey for some action. She is, as usual, having none of it but he keeps trying. He even tried the softly softly approach but that didn't work! And Diesel is even in cheeky mode today. I was busy cleaning the patio and I forgot to shut the patio door but I didn't think it mattered because I thought he was in the hutch BUT he wasn't. I stood up, opened the other side of the hutch to let him out and he wasn't there. So I turned around but he wasn't on the patio. I went in the lounge, I couldn't find him but I could hear him, the little begger was behind the chair mooching around! So I shooed (not with my shoe obviously) him out and sat on the patio steps so it would stop him coming back in. The little begger then sped past me and darted straight behind the chair! Cheeky but very, very funny. Thankfully he didn't seem to chew any wires so I won't need to tell my boyf that it happened!! Ooh, it's so exciting around here sometimes!

I'll be back with photos soon.

x

Mmmm, I have a camera but now have problems uploading. Sometimes I just hate computers.

Me & Diesel spent some quality time together in the garden today doing some weeding. Well, Diesel was weeding, I was just watching him!! It's great having a working bunny outside sometimes, hehe. I gave him some lovely dried banana for his efforts which he throughly enjoyed. He gave me a brilliant display of runs and jumps just to show his joy. I love binkies!

The detective duo are having a night off today. They are cuddling up on the rug together. Starsky is occasionally getting up to binky - he is such a show off sometimes.

I love rabbits so much! I really, really, really want another one, a French lop but I'm scared to get one. We are thinking of emigrating to NZ and as they don't take rabbits I think it would be unfair to me to get one from a rescue and then have to re-home it if we move. It already breaks my heart that I might have to leave my two behind.It'sso tough, I can't think about it anymore!

Wow you have such stunning rabbits!:love:I especially love Diesel's coat, it's gorgeous! It's good to hear that he has been helping you in the garden as well, rabbits are such good little gardeners aren't they?;)

The bunnies thank you so much - they're not modest! Diesel does have a lovely coat, I had never seen one like that until he came to us. Although, when I first got him he had been fed on quite bad food so his fur was hard and coarse. Now it's lovely and soft!

I have a terrible confession to make everyone......I'm so ashamed of myself.............I forgot Starsky's birthday. It was on 15th, it completely slipped my mind. I have been busy preparing for my boyfriends birthday as he will be 30 on Sunday and I will be 32 on Tuesday! With all this birthday stuff going on you'd think that I'd remember my little boys 3rd birthday! Do you think I could keep it a secret from him until 31st when Lacey will be 3 too? That way they can celebrate together!! I'm such a bad bunny mummy :(

Gosh, what a busy weekend we've had, lots of birthdays happening in July! We went to a BBQ on Saturday for a friends birthday and they have a lovely rabbit called Peter. He is one big softy, I put my hand into the run and he came over for a nose rub and he just melted to the floor. My friend was worried that I might bunny nap him but I didn't - there is still a chance I might some day though!

It was the boyfriends 30th birthday on Saturday so we went out and got quite drunk and eat loads of food. I'm so tired now, I can't cope with going out anymore! We also went out for food on Sunday evening - oops what happened to the diet!

Anyway, onto the bunnies. My boyfriends parents came over and wanted to see Diesel again. They think he is a wonderful bun. He even went over to them for a treat - unheard of when I first got him. He also used to get quite scared when people talk but he is fine now. He was a real showman, binkying around everywhere and being cheeky. A real star!

My boyfriends mom loves to fuss the rabbits and Starsky sure took advantage of her! Lacey as usual wasn't interested once she found out there were no treats on offer but Starsky just lapped it up, such a softy. I haven't gotten around to taking photos lately as I have been busy sorting out birthday stuff but I did find a few I hadn't posted yet:

As you can see, the dangling carrot did nothing to entice Lacey into the tunnel;

Tunnel.jpg

This is Starsky the Destroyerbun - he has totally torn apart that poor box inside and when I went to investigate he had his 'it wasn't me mummy' look going on;

Boxman.jpg

And a little one of them relaxing head to toe;

HeadtoToe.jpg

I'm going to make a big effort to write some decent stuff in my blog this week. I just don't seem to have the energy at all. Must be something to do with my age......hint, hint......it's my birthday tomorrow, yay, yay. And, it is actually supposed to be sunny too :)

So guess what, it's raining again! Diesel only gets a few moments out in between the showers. We had a good day yesterday though and I got Diesel to pose for some pictures, he is so vain. Here is is after sneaking into the house:

DSC01183.jpg

He approached the cage to see Lacey and there was a load of sniffing going on. Obviously I kept watch on them in case it turned nasty. Starsky noticed the sniffing and came over to protect his gal! He is so jealous!

And here is Dieselstriking a pose:

DSC01188.jpg

DSC01187.jpg

I have a thing for bunny mouths and Diesel has a HUGE one! He is so gorgeous. Bless :)

The detective duo had been up all night investigating a crime so they were having a snooze together:

DSC01192.jpg

Sometimes I think they work too hard, just like their mum!

I'm off to play with my bunnies now. We're having fun with dried banana tonight. If I hold a piece in my teeth while lyingon thefloor Lacey will take it from me - it leaves me in stitches though because her whiskers tickle me so much :)

The tunnel is great isn't it. Lacey in particular loves to charge through it and back again and through it and...you get the picture!

My avatar is a piccie of Lacey. She looks a little different to normal on that because she is stretching to the side and looks slimmer :)

Diesel thanks you, he deserves a lotta love as he wasn't treated to well before, just like your little Hope.

Back