Stanley's New Thread

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello!

I may not be on for a day or so more since our internet is out at the house.

But here is my thought of the day:

Why is turkey meat called turkey,
yet pig is called bacon and ham andsuch?

Okay I've been checking Stanley's ears for a while and I keep forgetting to ask:
Are bunnies supposed to have earwax? Are they like us and need it to keep things out?

I was just wondering, I don't want him to have something he's not supposed to. :?

It says in my rabbit book to ask your vet for asolution to wipe the ears clean but it says that you shouldn'troutinely remove the wax as it hasa protective purpose.

Stanley is so cute! My mum doesn't like lops, she thinks they lookweird, i have to show her Stanley. How can she not think lops areadorable after seeing him?:inlove:

Bunnys_rule63 wrote:
It says in my rabbit book to ask your vet for a solution towipe the ears clean but it says that you shouldn't routinely remove thewax as it hasa protective purpose.

Stanley is so cute! My mum doesn't like lops, she thinks they lookweird, i have to show her Stanley. How can she not think lops areadorable after seeing him?:inlove:

Okay, I don't have a vet yet but.....

GASP! :shock: She doesn't like lops? Oh dear...we shall have to fix this, eh? ;)

[align=center]I love Stanley! His markings are so beautiful. More pictures please!
[/align] [align=center]:happybunny:
[align=left]-Ashley, Flopsy, & Fluffy
[/align] [/align]

Okay the camera is charging right now! :p

I don't think I can upload any pictures that I take right now becausethe computer I do that on is messed up so I don't know when I'll getany new ones on here. :?

stanleysmommy wrote:
Okay the camera is charging right now! :p"

Yay!

I don't think I can upload any pictures that I take right now becausethe computer I do that on is messed up so I don't know when I'll getany new ones on here. :?"

Aw. Hope your computer gets fixed soon.!

-Ashley, Flopsy, & Fluffy

stanleysmommy wrote:
Bunnys_rule63 wrote:
It saysin my rabbit book to ask your vet for a solution to wipe the ears cleanbut it says that you shouldn't routinely remove the wax as ithasa protective purpose.

Okay, I don't have a vet yet but.....

GASP! :shock: She doesn't like lops? Oh dear...we shall have to fix this, eh? ;)
I know! I was showing her pictures of really cute lopsbut she thinks that rabbits ears should stand up, i don't know how cananybody look at a cute lop like stanley and saythat?:ponder::hug:

Thanks! I love lops but I like uppy eared bunny's too. :)

I also have a problem. Stanley's nails are too long and because I don'thave a vet yet I can't take him there to get them clipped. I also thinkthat doing a bunny burrito would just plain freak him out and I don'twant him to hurt himself.

Any suggestions from anyone? :?

stanleysmommy wrote:
Stanley's nails are too long .....Any suggestions from anyone? :?
If the vet is not available, try the petshops. Some charge a $10 membership fee thatincludes unlimited nail trims for 1 year.

Another suggestion, if you know any friends that have pets(not just rabbits), they might be able to helpyou. I am babysitting a friends rabbit right nowand she is getting her nails clipped by me......nocharge. :cool:

Rainbows! :)

I think he'd let me do it with him just sittingon the ground but I'd have to get his paws lifted up enough plus Idon't want to cut the quick.

None of my friends would know what to do either. And I don't think I'd much trust my pet store doing it...:?

a bunny burrito would probably be your best bet ..........are you able to cradle Stanley like a baby??

if so ... place a dish towel draped over your arm (the same one he willbe laying back on) and the securely wrap him up from each side....hewont be able to sqiggle away cuz you should be able to securely havehim in your arms...and then you remove one paw at a time.....i usuallylay freddy across my lap with his head under my tricep so that if hedoes freak out hes not writhing all over .. it still allows me control.

if stanley does not let you cradle him, while he is standing on hisfeet drape the towel over his back and kinda swipe him up whilesecuring him in the towel............you shouldnt have to worry aboutfreaking out if he is snugly wrapped up in there ......

Good Luck!!

Ohhh no he does not let me hold him at all!Usually if you just put your hands on both sides of him, he freaks outcause he thinks you're going to pick him up.

The problem with wrapping him is he's a fighter and will still keepstruggling even if he's in there. I can see if my mom will help me trythat though. Would it hurt to try to hold him still if he's strugglingwith it?

Latest posts

Back