Stache, the Wonder Bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you all for the well wishes. He is still with my vet. After looking at the emergency vet films, they were concerned that there was also a problem with his bladder. They put a catheter in him and they did get some urine out but he still had a mass in his tummy. So they aspirated it and got puss. So now they have to do more tests. I have to call back at 4, which is half an hour away. I am just so confused about what is wrong with him. My poor, poor boy.

Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers. It has meant a lot to me.

Unfortunately the results for Stache were not good. He had a softball sized abscess in his abdomen that was filled with an ungodly amount of puss. My poor 5lb 14oz baby was being squished from the inside out. After an exploratory surgery, we found that there was just too much organ damage, nothing could be done. He peacefully crossed over the bridge.

Wonder Bun, you were in my life for such a short time, it seems so unfair. I cherish the time I had with you, you were such a sweet boy. Thank you for being there for me and for knowing when I needed a cuddle or making me laugh with you snubby , naughty ways. Enjoy munching cilantro and parsley and make lots of bunny friends at the bridge. I love you.

Everyone give your bunnies an extra cuddle from me tonight.

I was dreading looking here when I saw the post and it is the worst news. I am absolutely gutted that this little boy has gone, it has all happened so quickly. I just can´t believe it and will really miss that cute little fur ball. He went quickly and he had a wonderful short life with you, I will really miss him. There have been too many of our favourite bunnies crossing the bridge in the last few weeks. Hope he makes new friends on that side, I´m sure he´ll be up to lots of mischief. Still remember his dirty look with Tonks, that´s how I´ll remember my little guy. I will give extra cuddles to my three tonight.

Isn´t like funny, I was doing the bunny survey and looking for something on the RAW site and found this bunny poem and when I came back on here and saw your post and your news, it just came back to me and made me think of your little boy. I must admit it did make me cry and I dedicate this to Stache and to all those buns who´ve crossed over and are sorely missed.

I'm so sorry :( It's just so shocking what they found. I never would have suspected that.

Stache seemed like a happy little bun and had such a nice life with you. He'll be missed. RIP sweet boy.

Oh, Aubrey. :( I checked this thread as soon as I woke up hoping for good news. Stache was in my prayers last night and I was hoping with all my heart that he'd pull through.

I'm so, so sorry to read this news. It feels so unfair that you and Stache had such a short time together, but the time you did share was so precious. It's always tough to lose a pet, but feels so much harder when it happens so suddenly. You were lucky to have Stache's company in a difficult time in your life, and he was extremely lucky to have found such a loving, caring friend.

Rest in peace, and binky free, Stache. :pray:

I also dreaded looking up this thread and was hoping for the best. I saw the update and got tears in my eyes. I remembered the photo of him in the vets with the IV and thought about what a good bunny he was and how well tempered and to read this happened just breaks me up. I'm so so so sorry to hear this and I know there is nothing any of us can say that will make you feel better but I hope you remember all the good times you spent together... I agree that it seems like in the past few weeks a good number of buns have been passing and that is shocking...

Please hang in there and remember that you gave him a much better life then he would have ever had with anyone else..

Thinking of you...
Vanessa

Heartbreaking post. I'm so very sorry. When u feel up to it perhaps you could offer a home to a rescue bun in his memory, that would be a great legacy for a special bunny x

After an exploratory surgery, we found that there was just too much organ damage, nothing could be done. He peacefully crossed over the bridge.

Wonder Bun, you were in my life for such a short time, it seems so unfair. I cherish the time I had with you, you were such a sweet boy. Thank you for being there for me and for knowing when I needed a cuddle or making me laugh with you snubby , naughty ways. Enjoy munching cilantro and parsley and make lots of bunny friends at the bridge. I love you.

Everyone give your bunnies an extra cuddle from me tonight.

:tears2: I can't believe I fell behind on reading your blog (among many other threads) for a bit over a week and missed something so tragic! I'm floored. Stache was so full of life and love; I can't believe he's already gone, or that there was so much that was wrong with him at such a young age. It's always especially shocking to have such serious problems with an animal whose life seems like it's just beginning - I went through it myself last June with my original breeding female, a gorgeous white-faced blonde sugar glider named Tabitha, when she died of liver failure on her nine month birthday. It just doesn't seem fair that you got so little time with Stache!

You know we're all here for you as your mourn his passing! While he may not have been around for very long, he earned a place in the hearts of many RO members. He certainly touched your heart in a way you'll never forget... and at least his short life was an excellent one because he had you.

Perhaps, in time, you'll feel you're ready to bring a new bunny into your life (I get the feeling Stache transformed you into a die-hard bunny slave!)... but even if you don't, we'd still love to have you stick around if it's not too difficult for you.

I'm so very sorry that you had to send Stache over the rainbow bridge when the two of you deserved to have so many more years together. I'm in tears and still can't believe he's really gone.

Binky free, Stache - we'll miss you dearly! :rainbow:

Thank you everyone. I love this site, it has been so nice to look at and read stories of everyone's bunnies. :)

Stache definitely turned me into a permanent bunny slave. I never knew what wonderful creatures they are. I have been browsing the website for my local SPCA, there are some very cute bunnies there. I am not quite ready for another bun, but I know in my heart I will adopt another one in time. Being bunny less is not something I want. Plus I think Tonks misses him. I found her sleeping on his bed the other day. I hope my next bun likes cats as much as Stache did....(s)he might not have a choice. Lol.

I think there are lots of folks on here who will really miss little Stache, I already do. He was such a wonderful character, my favourite photo will always be the one of him and Tonks giving the dirty look. So glad that you will be eventually get another bun, Stache was one of a kind but there is another bun out there waiting for someone just like you.

I think there are lots of folks on here who will really miss little Stache, I already do. He was such a wonderful character, my favourite photo will always be the one of him and Tonks giving the dirty look. So glad that you will be eventually get another bun, Stache was one of a kind but there is another bun out there waiting for someone just like you.

I second that.. and I agree on the self same picture! Stache was so lucky to find someone like you even if it was towards the end of his life. I loved reading about him every day and really miss reading about your adventures with him. :in tears:

I got upset hearing of the news from the vets and even was upset the next day remembering I wouldn't be reading any more updates from you about Stache..:in tears:

However, I know sometime in the future we will be hearing about you and the new bunny love that you will be giving a better life and your adventures with them!:biggrin:

Vanessa

Latest posts

Back