Stache, the Wonder Bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, unbeknownst to the Wonder Bun, he is booked to get neutered on the 20th. Mr. Man has started spraying, marking his territory, and humping the cat. Poor Tonks was so confused. Plus, I am seriously considering a friend for him and I need him to be neutered for that, even though the buns at the SPCA are all fixed. So no one tell him, kaythanx.

Oh dear, I won´t tell him but I hope nobody lets the cat out of the bag, figuratively speaking that is lol.

You would definitely get that "look" again.

It should be quite a straightforward procedure, mine three were fine, back to their normal mischievous selves in no time.

*gasp*

Stache: tonka truck, we have been spotted by the hoomanz while in the Fortress of Bun-itude. Quick, double disapproving look.

1389242446220.jpg

1389242468568.jpg

Things happen for a reason, I firmly believe that.

*WARNING: semi emotional post about to commence*

When I adopted Stache, I had just left my boyfriend of 17 years. I also left behind my 9 year old chocolate lab, Lilly...who was (is) my baby. She would have a much better life with him, I just couldn't rip her away from the only life she had ever known. I know I made the right decision, but that doesn't stop me from missing her. Tonight was especially hard. I was on the floor, crying, when Stache came over and just laid his head on my arm. He stayed there, quietly purring, as I cried into his soft fur. I may have never entertained the idea of a bunny, but I don't know if I could get through this without him. He has become my little therapy bun and I am so very thankful for him. <3

1389329011955.jpg

What a lovely photo and I am certain that these bunnies have a sixth sense and know when we need that bit of bunny love. I know that when I´m feeling down, if I pick one of them up, they´ll cuddle and let me hold them for as long as I want.

I look at mine and just can´t believe how important they´ve become to me, never thought I´d have another animal again after my dog died but sometimes they just happen and we can´t imagine life without them.

Awwwww....... he can read your mind! He knew you needed some sympathy! How sweet! Now if I could get Lady on the same page... her idea of sympathy is a hard bite to the behind! Here she is and for some reason because it's part of my photo cloud album I can't rotate it to the correct position... weird.. Oh well... here she is anyway in her cat toy I bought her that she now loves to hide in!

Vanessa

IMG_0717.jpg

That is a great photo of the both of them together. Now if I could get my chihuahuas to get along with my buns. One of them is jealous and takes it personally whenever we pay attention to the buns and has taken to trying to pee on Lady..

Vanessa

Lady is gorgeous! :)

Today was a day of surprises for Stache. He got two new brothers! I have taken in two new guinea pigs. I don't think Stache is as excited as I am. Also, my labby Lilly is having a sleepover! Stache met her for the first time and promptly terrified her. Lol. She is staying far away from him.

1389491304724.jpg

1389491375216.jpg

I am sad and terrified. Stache is currently staying over night at the emergency clinic with the worst case of gi stasis the doctors, and I do mean all 3, have ever seen. My poor poor boy only got a 50% chance of surviving this. Any positive thoughts, prayers anybody can send would be so greatly appreciated. I feel like the world's worst, most horrible bunny mommy right now.

Oh no, poor Stache :( I hope your little guy will be ok.

Don't blame yourself. These things happen, especially stasis. It's a pretty common problem for rabbits... But no less terrifying when it happens, I know.

Poor Stache! He's in my thoughts and prayers. He's a strong little headstrong guy - I'm sure he'll get through this. :pray:

Just picked him up from the emergency vet. It doesn't look good at all. His xrays look terrible, you can't even see his insides. He hasnt pooped all night, even though they were feeding him critical care all night. I have to call my vet when they open and bring him in. I am preparing myself to say goodbye.....

Lady is gorgeous! :)

Today was a day of surprises for Stache. He got two new brothers! I have taken in two new guinea pigs. I don't think Stache is as excited as I am. Also, my labby Lilly is having a sleepover! Stache met her for the first time and promptly terrified her. Lol. She is staying far away from him.

Thank you! I'll try not to let all this flattery get to her fat little head!:nonono:

WOW, two guinea pigs! how cute! You are going to have to post some more pictures!!! Keep us posted on the new additions.. it looks like you are going to be having fun!

Vanessa

Just picked him up from the emergency vet. It doesn't look good at all. His xrays look terrible, you can't even see his insides. He hasnt pooped all night, even though they were feeding him critical care all night. I have to call my vet when they open and bring him in. I am preparing myself to say goodbye.....

I'm soo sooo sorry I just read this thread.. I hope everything works out and this is able to get resolved... I hate reading when things like this happen. it makes me feel so awful! Please hang in there... hopefully they can do something and get him going again. You and him will be in my prayers...

hang in there
Vanessa

I'm so sorry to hear this, Aubrey. :( I really really really hope he pulls through.

:pray:

So sorry to see this, hope he's hanging on. Lots of positive thoughts, prayers and hugs and bunny kisses from my boys.

Latest posts

Back