Stache, the Wonder Bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They hang out together under my desk, I have dubbed it the fortress of bun-itude. Every good super hero needs a secret lair, the Wonder Bun and his sidekick Tonka Truck are no exceptions.

In our apartment, such spaces are referred to as "the naughty corner" :p

I went to the SPCA this afternoon (never a good idea) and they have an adorable bun there ufa. *sigh*

Ugh. I made the mistake of browsing their website (for the Houston one) today. WANT.

65642_th_600.jpg

I have to actually go there soon, either this Sunday or Sunday two weeks from now, for some orientation thing for their foster program. It's gonna be really tough to make sure I don't come home with any unexpected new additions!

So I know this really isn't bunny related, but I HAD to share. I now have a TARDIS of my own. The nerd in me rejoices! Stache wasn't that impressed by it however.

1388369170744.jpg

1388369187705.jpg

1388369224975.jpg

Oh my, what a pretty bunny! Good luck, I hope you have more self restraint than I do.

Apparently, I do not. In my defense, I was doing ok right up until I saw he was surrendered four days before Christmas because "he was too big". F*ckers. This rabbit is so freaking sweet. I hope they realize what they're missing out on and regret it every day!

Their loss is your gain, and Thumpers too. I believe that things happen for a reason. I wasn't planning on ever having a bunny. One of the classrooms in my center were doing animals and a family brought in their pet bunny. He was in a small cat carrier with bedding in it and a water bottle attached to the front of it. There was no hay and no food. She wanted to leave him there all week with no hay or food. I was shocked. I knew it was bad for bunnies to go without food, and when I mentioned that to her she said to me, we'll can't he have some of Applesauces (our guinea pig) food? I just kinda shook my head yes because I didn't know what else to say. I gave him some hay and veggies. I took him out later that afternoon to show the kids, and I noticed that his ear was encrusted in blood and sores and his nose looked like it had been injured. When she came back to get her son, I asked her about it. She admitted that she was only going out to visit him once a week to give him food and water. She had no idea what happened to his ears or nose and had no plans to take him to the vet. She didn't even know for sure if he WAS a he OR how old he was , even though he had been with them his entire life. Apparently they started with two bunnies, which had turned into TONS of bunnies very quickly. Unfortunately, he was the last one left. I listened to her story and found myself asking her if she would consider letting me adopt him. The rest is history. Best decision I have ever made.

Quick question (then I promise no more blowing up my blog tonight, lol) I have noticed that everyone else's bunnies flop or stretch out when they lay down. I have only seen Stache do that once, should I be worried? Is my bun unhappy?

WTF?? NO animal should ever be left without food for a week! Man, screw taking my steel toes to whoever gave up Thumper - I'd rather take them to that chick.

Poor Stache, can't believe he got off to such a horrible start in life... I don't even want to think about what would've become of him if it weren't for you (and I don't dare ask what happened to the rest of the tons of bunnies) :(. Seriously, how would SHE like to go a week without food? I rather hope she has to experience that at some point - after all, it's only fair that you be willing to go through anything you'd ask an animal to go through >.>

Amen to that! The really sad part is that he is SUCH a sweet cuddle bun. He loves pets and cuddling and even being picked up! He IS starting to get a little bit of a 'tude however. He trashed his house a little while ago and I have no idea why. Lol. It just makes me love him a little bit more. :)

1388376098969.jpg

Yeah I've gotten the butt more than a few times from my bunnies.... along with the temper tantrum of tossing everything they could pick up in their cage with their teeth... fun times!

Quick question (then I promise no more blowing up my blog tonight, lol) I have noticed that everyone else's bunnies flop or stretch out when they lay down. I have only seen Stache do that once, should I be worried? Is my bun unhappy?

No I would not worry. Mostly Chica hardly stretches out when she lays down. I think it's up to the bunny and how they feel. She did that twice when I was cleaning her cage out and I was surprised. I wanted to take a pic on the phone but was not fast enough.

He's not unhappy. He just don't feel like stretching out!!! Don't worry, I'm sure he will soon enough!

Apparently, I do not. In my defense, I was doing ok right up until I saw he was surrendered four days before Christmas because "he was too big". F*ckers. This rabbit is so freaking sweet. I hope they realize what they're missing out on and regret it every day!

Ditto.. I feel the same about Brooke.... what idiots... and someone should break that kids butt for treating that poor bunny that way. I doubt the mother would let her kids go without food for a week so why is it ok for a pet??????

Many rabbits go ridiculously out of their way to avoid showing any sort of appreciation. They'll wait MONTHS to play with a toy that they secretly had their eye on from the start just to deny you the happiness of watching them play with it.

You are SOOO right. Remember that cat castle I bought for Christmas? My husband put it together and I happily put it in front of Lady, who sat in her cage for 20 minutes.

He wouldn't be a rabbit if he didn't trash his room - they're like tiny rock stars! :p

Oh, and about the flopping, some do it more than others. Nala stretches out pretty often these days but as a general rule she almost never did it when she was younger. I could probably count on my fingers (maybe even one hand) the number of times I've seen her do an actual dead bunny flop in the nearly year and a half I've had her. Gazzles, by contrast, is the queen of DBFs. Nala will still have her head up and seem half alert even when stretched out.

Last edited:
This is why I should NOT be friends with the SPCA on facebook. This little cutie was the first thing on my newsfeed this morning. GAH....help?!

1388929265000.jpg

Love your little guy and how lucky was he that you found him...no food for a week, some people should never be allowed to have animals never mind children. He sounds like he keeps you on your toes. Mine regularly wait till I clean to trash the place just to show me who's boss. I have a cushion on one of the dining room chairs with holes in it created by guess who lol. I decided to wrap a towel round it so they couldn't pull anymore stuffing out but Snowy can unwrap it and throws it on the floor to show his disapproval before pulling even more stuffing out...naughty bunny.

Mine all stretch out regularly and flop now and again. I do love a dbf, it's so feel good.

Look forward to more Stache moments :)

Yes definitely a "don't you dare" look. He obviously has an opinion lol.

I love the little black and white lop...how can u resist that cute face.

First day back to work, winter vacation is over. *sigh* It was so nice being home for a week. Stache was not happy when I told him that I had to go back to work so morning play time would be cut short. He was not pleased, I got a foot flick! Lol. He also took out his frustration on my poor book.

Also, my cats are so happy that Stache is a snub bun. They are making out like bandits. Lol

1389035143276.jpg

1389035162275.jpg

1389035188247.jpg

Latest posts

Back