Squealy Upset bunny?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rattiemattiesrattery

Reaction score
Just asking on here if I should be concerned, but if you saw his face you would think he was cussing me out too!

So it's cage cleaning day, *I've been putting it off for a few days >_<*
Usually I put the bunnies out in their runs, and give them a light spray down with a hose. *it's on the shower setting*, normally the bunnies run to the front of the pen where I am standing and close their eyes, and sometimes they will stretch out, or they will stand on their hind legs until their bellies are saturated, then they will stretch out until I am done.

Today though, they all did that and Achmed my Flemish, had enough of this and I wasn't done with his feet *they were kinda gross because I was two days late on their cages, and I hadn't switched their litter boxes out in 2 days rather then 2x a day (I've been sick in bed).* so when I started to spray his feet he put his ears back and glared at me! then he started making an odd sound!
It sounded kinda like a car with a loose belt mix in with the gobble gobble of a turkey, *it's hard to explain, but think of a turkey gobbling, then have it pitched up to a squealing Car engine Belt*

Any one have any ideas as to why he would make this sound?
Normally he seems to enjoy this quite well.

Gus made a noise like that once when he was being naughty (probably chewing carpet again) and hubby put him in his cage. Gus clearly felt this was an injustice and started making that weird noise while trying to get out before hubby could latch the cage door! I've only ever heard it that once, though.

Hope that helps!

Rue

Well I have never heard a sound like that in over 40 years of rabbit keeping. I know rabbits don't like to have wet feet and will spend ages grooming them if they do get wet, so maybe that was why?!

I have one rabbit that will make those types of noises all the time. If I am not quick enough to feed her in the morning or I pluck her cactus bum when she's shedding. She sounds like a very angry clucking chicken or she makes little squeals.

Some rabbits are just very talkative and will show their displeasure very vocally, over the smallest of things. While others will only make a noise if something is very wrong.

He probably was unhappy with you, but I don't think there was anything seriously wrong. He may just be developing himself as a vocal rabbit.

I've had two vocal rabbits so far, and they are very interesting to have. You get a much better idea of how disapproving rabbits really are...

-Dawn

my cousin's rabbit, Teeny, squealed when she squeezed her foot. she passed away a few days later...:bigtears:

rabbits are vocal when in pain or stress.

Back