Sprite

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

naturestee

Reaction score
As many of you now know, Sprite passed away last night due to ileus.

I rescued Sprite and her sister Fey just over two years ago. Her Gotcha Day is actually September 11. There last owner was horrible, and due to bad food and poor care they were both pretty sickly and very scared of humans. Sprite never got over her fear of hands, but she was getting used to it more and sometimes wouldn't mind too much if I stroked her back while she was eating. Hands by her head were an absolute no-no. But Sprite was proof that living with a hand-shy rabbit can still be a lot of fun. Despite her fear of hands, she loved people. She liked to hop around tugging on people's pants legs for attention, or poking them with her nose, and then she'd dash away. One of her favorite things was to jump and climb all over me. When we visited Julie she climbed up on my shoulder and sat there like a parrot! She was also the only rabbit to groom me, and would sometimes lick my nose and eyebrows. Sprite also liked to play fetch, where I would hand her a toy, she would throw it, and I would fetch it back for her. She always had a lot of energy and loved to binky, do bunny 500s, and bounce around on the furniture. She and Fey would binky over each other's backs, it was so cute!

These are some of my favorite pictures of her.
fce7.jpg

a37c.jpg

4f30.jpg

e8b6.jpg

86bb.jpg

2526.jpg

2736.jpg

d163.jpg

7616.jpg

100_3559a.jpg

Goodbye Spritely, my baby girl. I don't believe in God or heaven. I don't know if there's still a part of your soul out there somewhere. All I know is that my house is very empty without you.

Rest in peace pretty Sprite. I loved your cleopatra eye liner, I loved your attitute (your name fit the bill!). You were the lady in charge and I'll miss seeing new pictures and stores of your antics with Fey. We all miss you baby girl.

Love
Nadia

I'm so so sorry to hear of Sprite's passing, Angela. I always loved her and Fey, beautiful bunnies. :tears2:

Binky free Sprite, you willbe missed so much by your family at home, and your RO family. :rainbow:

Hugs to you Angela, be strong. :hug1

pumpkinandwhiskersmom wrote:
I'm so sorry about Sprite...her "tongue out" picture was one of our very favorites! Binky-free, beautiful girl....:rainbow:
I was going to say exactly that. What a great rescue story:rose:

[align=center]
heart.gif
[/align]

[align=center]We choose them sometimes they choose us and other times they are given to us.[/align]

[align=center]We bring them home and suddenly learn there is so much more. [/align]

[align=center]We love them and care for them.[/align]

[align=center]We feed them and play with them.[/align]

[align=center]We watch them grow and marvel at the change.[/align]

[align=center]We laugh and enjoy there every move. [/align]

[align=center]We sometimes get annoyed at some of what they do, than they look at us and it is all ok.[/align]

[align=center]We do our best to keep them safe and it is not enough.[/align]

[align=center]We sometimes make the choice for how there life ends and sometimes they choose it. [/align]

[align=center]We love them will all our hearts in the end they know this and that is best of all. They go to the bridge loved when so many others have never known love. They go knowing some day we will see them again and their hearts as well as ours will be whole. [/align]

[align=center] ----------------------[/align]

[align=center]Hey girl, I will trully miss you. You were my first love on here. I loved hearing about such a spunky little girl. We we blessed with your story, your life, and your attitude. [/align]

[align=center]Binky Free. RIP Little Girl. You will be missed.[/align]

[align=center]
angelsko.jpg
[/align]

It's hard to believe that I'm seeing Sprite in this section of the site. What a beautiful little girl and what a wonderful two years you gave to each other. I'm so sorry.

oh my dear Angela. She was a beauty and one of the tiniest sweet "eyeliner" girls I've seen. How I will hold onto the memories of meeting your much-loved girls and Oberon, the Gigantic Boy Chaperone, in July. This is so hard. The bridge write-up is beautiful. I read the bridge notes when I can. Tears flow often from the photos everyone submits. Everyone who goes through this pain is in my thoughts. The bunny guardians, mentor fairies, will be sent to your home. You are a gem, Angela. Sprite will inspire me to do all I can for those in need. May the awesome, grandeur life she had in your home ease the heartwrenching ache. Many hugs, Julie

When I woke up this morning and saw that Sprite had passed, I broke down. So many of my friends have lost their babies these past few weeks. Its just not right.

I cant believe our little Sprite is gone. She was such a beautiful, spunky little girl and brought so much joy to the forum through her pictures and stories.

Rest in peace sweet Sprite. You were so special to all of us. :bunnyangel:

Back