Spots appearing on the fur only????

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LadyBlue

Reaction score
PXL_20211113_134404545.jpg
New spots appeared on my 7 month old female....Lady Blue

These spots are farely new....she will be seen months in 10 days....This is my first bunny...
The skin is fine underneath....I keep checking....just on the fur????
Should I be worried

Looks just like molt lines, so no worry. The old fur gets shed along such lines, not uniformingly all over the body at once.

Agreed they look like molt lines, and if your rabbit is molting, it is very important that you groom her daily to reduce how much of her fur she eats-- if she eats too much, it can cause a blockage in her stomach, which is very dangerous. Rabbits cannot cough up furballs like cats, so grooming is extra important during a molt, which is when they shed the highest volume of fur over a short period of time: Fur loss - WabbitWiki (see Molting sub-heading)

Yeah my bun gets those all the time. she gets a straight line rather that spots. Make sure to keep brushing her!

These are absolutely harmless moult lines. Every rabbit could show it differently. Storm moults like crazy and has bald spots that will regrow short, dense fur; Iris has none of that, not even moult lines. She will just shed fur if anyone pets or cuddles with her.

The first time that happened to my last female, I freaked out.
Thankfully, it was only her molting.
Boy was I relieved.. and headed out to get a pet brush ☺️

Back