Spaying side effects?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBuns

Reaction score
I’m just curious can there be side effect after spaying a rabbit even after months? My bun is already spayed but I’m starting to think maybe the cause of all the dripping urine can be connected to that.

That hasn't been my experience, but that doesn't mean it isn't a possibility. How old was your rabbit when you got her spayed? Once they have a mature reproductive system, rabbits have extremely delicate and complex reproductive tissue, so there is likely more room for errors than in cats or dogs.

During surgery it is quite possible her bladder was nicked or damaged like during a woman's reproductive surgery or c-section. So I think it is quite possible. I looked up rabbit post spay complications and didn't come up with that as a side effect. Although searching post spay complications it came up with incontinence that shows up well after. It is possible. You might want to have her checked out, it could be a urinary tract infection or some other issue.

@nicolekline97 Yes, I was thinking like what could it be cause all this she’s been to the vet 3 times going to be the 4th. Maybe it is that.
@Nancy McClelland
Aww:(what did the vet do about it? Did it go back to normal?

I’m going to bring this up to my vet.

Latest posts

Back