spayed incision

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kelly warren

Reaction score
I have a female rabbit who was just spayed February 14. The vet informed me to check her incisions regularly but not too often. I checked the day I brought her home, February 15th, & the incision was stitched together in a straight line. I checked again today and it seems more of a circular hole as if she has been licking the incision. There is no discharge, bleeding, swelling, or redness of the surrounding skin (the incision itself seems to be a normal red). But I fear she may be licking too often. Is this normal or should I seek veterinary attention? Pictures are shown. 6748B3A0-F485-463F-8D83-33B86D135222.png90EF9638-D8FC-4024-B9D3-8F7EFB5CA14D.jpeg

It's going to be already partially healed at this point. As long as there isn't any risk of her opening up the wound tonight, I would just phone the vet tomorrow. You can always email them your pictures to get the vets opinion. Then if they feel it needs to be looked at they can have you bring her in.

Hello... how’s your female bunny doing?? I would love to hear your experience after ur bunny got spayed. How long did your bunny sulk? Well, did she sulk post surgery?

My bunny got spayed 3.5weeks ago; she is now fully recovered and her bare tummy has growing hair too. She licks our hands already... BUT she is still super sulking despite her having all her favorite food and toys at home; and NO CUDDLE yet. So I become worried how long till she’ll get back to her cuddly self...

Back