Sparky is in the hospital-RESOLVED

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't been able to talk to the vet today. She's been in surgery. As of this morning, Sparky was still not eating on her own. I am going by the vet to visit her and talk Dr. Emerson after work. I have no idea if she has to stay another night or not. I'll update when I get home.

Thank you everyone for the good thoughts. I'm on the verge of tears right now worrying about my girl.

I'm worried for you and for her! I hate when they are sick and to have to leave her at the vet....... :cry1:

OMG when you said "she's in surgery" I almost started crying because I thought you were talking about Sparky. And then I realized you were talking about the vet. Whew!

I really hope she gets to feeling like her normal self again. Come on Sparky, you can do it! Just one bite at a time! We're all pulling for you!

Come on, Sparky! Rory and Skyler DEMAND that you get better and start eating! They are not patient bunnies, either. Poor Sparky. How is Scooter doing without her sis?

[align=center]:party:She's home!!!!:party:[/align]
I was on my way to the vet to visit her and talk to the vet, when the office called me and said she could come home. When we got home there was a bunch of nice, big poops in the carrier!!!!:party0002: Sparky and Scooter are cuddling and grooming at this moment. I could tell they missed each other.

Thanks for all the good thoughts. Those healing vibes worked once again!! It's so nice to have a place to vent your anxiety with people that understand.

Oh Patti that is so wonderful....i'm so happy that Sparky is ok and home where she belongs with her family...i'm sure Scooter missed her like crazy.

Just thank goodnesss she's ok!!

Cheryl

Woohooo!!! That's such great news! I've only been able to check a couple of times quickly today, but each time I did I held my breath to see what was happening....

I'm so glad she's back with Scooter.... Did the vet mention what she thought might have been wrong with her, or was it just a bout of gas maybe?

SO PLEASED FOR YOU!! :D

Jen xx

mouse_chalk wrote:
I'm so glad she's back with Scooter.... Did the vet mention what she thought might have been wrong with her, or was it just a bout of gas maybe?
I never did get to talk to Dr. Emerson. She has never kept either of my buns before for stasis. I'll get to talk to her soon; I am in and out of the office all the time taking fosters for spays, etc. I'll ask her next time I see her. I'm just more curious than anything else right now. I'm just grateful that Sparky is home and doing well. Right now she is trying to make up for going three days without eating!! And you should see those bowling balls that she is producing!!

Patti, I was so hoping to read she is home! when I got here! YAY! I wonder if she just had some gas or something and didn't feel well.

It's so difficult to explain to those who don't "get it" about our animals! When Bo looks as if he has a problem, I worry so much! I worry about all of my animals but the bunnies... well they are just so fragile in their gut and with tissue problems like abscess.

Give little Sparky a nice kiss for me. I'm sure Scooter is happy that her sissy is back home!

Im so happy to hear she is home and doing well! I missed this whole thread for some reason until now.

Keep us posted and I'll be hoping for a speedy recovery for your sweet girl!

Congratulations and hugs and kisses to Sparky. What a brave little bunny.

All bunnies who make it to the vet and back are very very brave bunnies I always think.

Latest posts

Back