Soon to be new holland lop owner

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks! Maybe I'll try both a bottle and dish to see which he'd prefer :) exciting times to get everything all set up!
That was my plan exactly! Felix chose the dish and only very recently did he start using the bottle if I didn't get to fill the fish before it emptied. It's been going faster since the arrival of the second bunny, so he now has to resort to the bottle if I'm at work or something!

Typically will drink more from a dish than a bottle and good hydration is important in keeping their gut moving. You would want a heavy bowl that the bun cannot tip and spill such as a ceramic bowl or one that attaches to the side of the cage. All of mine I bought in the dog section.

Usually when getting a bun from a breeder the breeder will send you home with some of the pellets they feed their buns. You can either purchase and feed your bun the same exact food or purchase a different food. If choosing a different food you would want to very slowly switch your bun over to the new food by first feeding the old food and slowly a little at a time adding a little of the new food to the old. Increase the amount of new added to the old over time until the bun is eating all new food.

Typically will drink more from a dish than a bottle and good hydration is important in keeping their gut moving. You would want a heavy bowl that the bun cannot tip and spill such as a ceramic bowl or one that attaches to the side of the cage. All of mine I bought in the dog section.

Usually when getting a bun from a breeder the breeder will send you home with some of the pellets they feed their buns. You can either purchase and feed your bun the same exact food or purchase a different food. If choosing a different food you would want to very slowly switch your bun over to the new food by first feeding the old food and slowly a little at a time adding a little of the new food to the old. Increase the amount of new added to the old over time until the bun is eating all new food.

Thank you! Guess the cage isn't being delivered until tomorrow now so going to set it up and then get stuff. I will have to check out the dog or cat section too and find some good bowls :) she said she is sending some pellets home. I think I'm going to try to keep him on the same.

For hay and litter, a feed store will save you some money. A lot of folks use horse pellet litter, which is pretty cheap but gets the job done.

Basically the little babe has splayed legs in the front :( not sure I'm up to splinting it and hoping they are fixed. We have a 2 yr kid as well as a 10 yr old and not sure if the active toddler would stress him out more. His brother is available if we want him instead.. Not sure I can convince the hubby for two lol ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1393368976.517381.jpgImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1393368987.067603.jpg

His brother is adorable, and like you said in your other thread, it might be best for the runt to stay with the breeder since they'll have more experience dealing with splayed legs.

I'm sure brother-bun will be a perfect addition to your home! :)

His brother is adorable, and like you said in your other thread, it might be best for the runt to stay with the breeder since they'll have more experience dealing with splayed legs.

I'm sure brother-bun will be a perfect addition to your home! :)

Thanks! I'm excited to see them both but I agree- I think brother will be perfect addition :) on Pinterest looking at all sorts of DIY rabbit stuff!

Ooh! I never thought of looking up DIY rabbit stuff on Pinterest. Hard to find DIYs amongst all the little cuties. :p

I'm so jealous😣 I want a lop so bad and I can't find a breeder here.

I'm so jealous😣 I want a lop so bad and I can't find a breeder here.

I'm so excited! I had a bunny awhile ago (like 15 yrs ago) not even sure what breed he was. But super excited to have a holland lop! I'll be sure to post lots of pics :) hopefully you'll be able to find one!

Ooh! I never thought of looking up DIY rabbit stuff on Pinterest. Hard to find DIYs amongst all the little cuties. :p

I'm addicted to Pinterest. They seem to have quite a bit of ideas as well as info which is helpful for a newbie like me. I've been saving paper towel & tp rolls to make stuff when we get him :)

I'm so excited! I had a bunny awhile ago (like 15 yrs ago) not even sure what breed he was. But super excited to have a holland lop! I'll be sure to post lots of pics :) hopefully you'll be able to find one!

I think I may have just gotten lucky. Some random person just messaged asking if I would take in this beautiful 2 year old girl. She's coming from a bun hoarder. So I don't know how she will be... Especially health wise. I'm ecstatic right now. ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1393442648.445741.jpg

CrystalKate, just make sure to check her completely over for health issues. Snotty nose, caked poop, breaks, fur loss, etc.

I think I may have just gotten lucky. Some random person just messaged asking if I would take in this beautiful 2 year old girl. She's coming from a bun hoarder. So I don't know how she will be... Especially health wise. I'm ecstatic right now. View attachment 8456

Eeek!! Exciting! Hope everything works out!

Ahhh! Supposed to pick up our baby boy tomorrow and the lady hasn't responded to my email or text at all today :( fingers crossed we can still get him..

Oh, Baloo is so cute! Seems a bit small but as long as he's healthy, no worries. Maybe just check the age like everyone else said. I took my mini lop (which I think is the same as a Holland lop in the US?) Clementine home at 7 weeks. She was weaned early as the breeder was going away, and wanted to get the litter to their forever homes before then.

She's around 3 months old now. :) She used to groom me a lot when she first came home. She once tried to clean one of my tattoos!

Hey there, yeah, you are right.. My Holland Lop Lady would be called a Mini Lop elsewhere like in the UK/ Australia/ New Zealand, etc...

Vanessa

Back