Soon to be bunny mama

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jerseynicholson93

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm new to the world of buns but I couldn't be more excited!! I get to bring my beautiful netherland dwarf doe home April 30th! ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1397427315.111391.jpg

I built her a bunny mansion the other day and I'm absolutely in love with it! ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1397427391.482331.jpg
ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1397427412.213845.jpg

I didn't realize until after that the wire grids are two different sizes and the one size ha quite large holes in it, does anyone know if it is large enough to get a little bunny head stuck in? I'm thinking about putting some sort of mesh so she can't put her head through ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1397427649.589163.jpg

Also if anyone has any tips or advice for a new bunny owner I'd be happy to hear them!!:)

How cute! From what I can see of those holes I would definitely put something over them she may even fit entirely through them! We had the same problem when trying to bond my two rabbits.the grids we used to separate the cage had large holes and my littlest one could fit her whole body through and get into the other half of the cage where the other rabbit was.

Awwww she's so cute! Yes I would for sure put some kind of mesh in front of the grids. I also have a Netherland Dwarf and they are definitely quite small (and adorable) as babies. Good job on the spacious cage and good luck as a new bunny mom!

Thank you I really tried to give her the biggest bestest cage I could for the space! I cannot wait to actually have her home!

Do you suggest that the mesh go on the inside of the cage or on the outside of the cage?

What an awesome cage!! And a cute bunny too :)

I would put the mesh on the outside, or even get more grids and just over lap them so the spacing is smaller.

That's a great idea! I never thought about that but that would definitely blend better you would hardly be able to notice the extra grids! ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1397441744.560822.jpgImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1397441779.152045.jpgImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1397441838.777136.jpg

Cage is almost fully furnished and I still have a long 2 weeks till she comes home, can you tell I'm excited :p

Latest posts

Back