Soon 2 B My New Addition

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
undergunfire wrote:
Does the Lionhead breeder that you are getting a little girl from have a website? I am curious to see what their adult Lionheads look like :).

:carrotAmy

I'm curious too because I love lionheads. Can you share the breeder's web site if she/he has one?

Thanks!

I love, love, LOVE her nethies! She has a perfect match for Badger. I'm going to have a better look tomorrow, but they are lovely.

Sorry, but lionheads still make me laugh, not all of them, but the ones that look like they have been caught in a storm of fluff. They are so sweet, but they are funny.

Are you sure this is the right site? She has pics of all her litters, and none of them match. I wanted to see what the parents looked like.:?

Here is the picture of the litter once they reached 18 days old:

http://millerendeavors.homestead.com/KitPicPg2.html

and here is a link to the parents....

http://millerendeavors.homestead.com/NestBoxNews.html

They are Darius and Sarah (wow - I'm still stunned she bred a chinchilla to a sable point...but ok....whatever!).

In the link for the babies she's claiming 3 are sable point....and all I can say is ... boy will someone be disappointed when their sable point doesn't have points...

Peg

naturestee wrote:
Are you sure this is the right site? She has pics of all her litters, and none of them match. I wanted to see what the parents looked like.:?

Im confused- why drive a few hours to get a bunny in Lake Orion when theres a shelter with over 125 bunniesnear Detroit?

And I wouldnt buy from a breeder who would sell her does "with kits"?!!! Wow

Haley wrote:
Im confused- why drive a few hours to get a bunny in Lake Orion when theres a shelter with over 125 bunniesnear Detroit?

And I wouldnt buy from a breeder who would sell her does "with kits"?!!! Wow

http://millerendeavors.homestead.com/ForSale.html

OMG, I missed that. I've never ever heard of a breeder selling a doe with kits.

I'm really confused. How can you tell if a lionhead is single or double maned when they are only 3 days old? Is that possible?

Yup you can. Tinysmom explained it once. I think it has something to do with bald patches when they're born. The bald patches become double manes. I think.

You can tell right after birth if a lionhead is single mane or double mane....or at least once the fur comes starts to come in. A double mane lionhead will remain bald in the flank area (where the skirting will be).

In fact, the best time to tell a single mane from a double mane is until they are about 2 or 3 weeks old....after that - you have to take the breeder's word for it (although you can often tell due to the amount of mane, etc.).

I know the breeder who had some of the older rabbits she is selling (Bash River). I do have one of their rabbits here (Bash River Angela). They are now out of business and that is probably all I will say.

Selling a doe w/ kits is actually somewhat common (at least in the lionhead world). I don't do it - but I have heard of several breeders who do. I tend to not buy from those breeders though...in fact, I've become pretty darn picky who I'll buy from now!

Peg

seniorcats wrote:

http://millerendeavors.homestead.com/ForSale.html

OMG, I missed that. I've never ever heard of a breeder selling a doe with kits.

I'm really confused. How can you tell if a lionhead is single or double maned when they are only 3 days old? Is that possible?

I cant decide which one to get. They are all such cutie pies. Im naming the one I pick Milly. :p Help me decide. :biggrin2:

This is the same girl:
AutumnsLighterDoe-5WeeksOld.jpg

Picture_003.jpg

This is a different girl:

AutumnsDarkerDoe-5WeeksOld.jpg

This is a different girl:

SarahsDarkDoe-31-2WeeksOld.jpg

This is from a different breeder:

FoxyBrknFawnFullNose.jpg

Latest posts

Back