Some recent observations

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tinto

Reaction score
It's such a mysterious little creation! I wish I could understand my bunny... I feed him, clean his litter box, at times he seems feeling comfortable with me, but still when I come home, at first he looks anxious or kicks the ground as if being angry. Or, after we play in the morning with all the sniffing and running around me and sometimes binkying, he suddenly starts scratching the wall etc. I wonder whether I shouldn't care about him less... Sometimes I have the feeling that it's me who is developing a bond with him than the other way around.

Then, I realized another interesting thing. Is it possible that a rabbit eats and poops only when somebody is with him? I leave him enough food during the day, but usually after I come back it's still there and he start's eating when I sit close to him, and of course he immediately starts pooping too. Is he too lonely when I am away or is he just too busy with sleeping to eat by himself?

I also wonder if I should let him stay in the cage during the night, as some people do, and then leave him out when I am awake and in the room. Now he has his playing pen around the cage and he practically can be and move wherever he wants, so that in the end he goes to his cage just to eat pellets or pee/poop (which I am glad he does). But I strongly suppose that he wouldn't be glad staying in the cage during the night and would chew on the bars all the time. I have been a bit confused...

I know I've written "observations", but could somebody please give me his or her opinion. Please!!!

Sometimes I feel so helpless...

Back