Some random farmer dude..

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orchid

Reaction score
I just do not understand people...

I found an add on my local CL and just was shocked...I mean 6, 7 is bad enough but 4!!!!!!

SweetSassy wrote:
I'm slow so can you explain what your talking about.LOl. :)

"4" what?

Selling at 4 weeks old.

I agree, very shocking! Those poor babies. :(

Our area has a law against selling animals under 8 weeks and I am glad for it!!!
Yeah rabbits can wean earlier but some sell right from teat and they bun has no time to adjust to the change from weaning and lossing the family.

The stress of being sold too....and people wonder why the new bun isnt doing well.

Riverpines wrote:
Our area has a law against selling animals under 8 weeks and I am glad for it!!!
Yeah rabbits can wean earlier but some sell right from teat and they bun has no time to adjust to the change from weaning and lossing the family.

The stress of being sold too....and people wonder why the new bun isnt doing well.

Same law here...but it would seem...no one cares...no one will enforce it...and no one ever seems to return my calls when I try to complain about the **** pet stores at least...very frustrating...

The animal control people here....sad.....just sad...

I would imagine kit's weaned later (at least at 6 weeks) are going to be healthier as well. They have been on mothers milk longer, thus truly benefiting from all it has to offer and building a stronger immunity. I know we have laws here in California as well, Puppies and Kittens must be at least 8 weeks old. I'm not sure about the exact law for small animals around here though.

It is sad people justcant good a such a small thing, that is a good thing because they want to make a buck...guy was offering up3 litters...9 weeks, 7 weeks and 4 weeks...

Latest posts

Back