Some NON-furry scaley beasties (Caution to the scardey cats)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Watermelons

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The Un-Snowy Wet West, British Columbia, Canada
If you dont like what they are then just leave the topic, there is no need for negative comments.

So these are my OTHER babies, yes babies, and I do refer to some of them as cuddly!

Some are energetic and never sit still, others would happily spend hours weaved through my bra straps and belt loops, or curl up infront of me while on the computer.

I didnt want to re-size the ones that were already on my photobucket since I dont have most of these pics on my computer anymore so mods you can smack me later :D

I will start with sucky baby 1
IMG_1204.jpg

His favourite place when he was a baby was down my shirt....
If ever there was a snake I could guarantee and put money on the fact they wouldnt bite, it would be this guy, I can stick my finger in his mouth to show students what his teeth look like and he doesnt care. He is a Columbian Boa Constrictor (Coral Albino)

Cranky 2
IMG_1493.jpg

Now this girl, isn't the calmest, she likes to wander and will never sit still, and when it comes to me setting her on something for pictures, trying to eat me becomes her favourite game, like actually a game, she wont do it when i hold her or in her cage, only when I try and take pictures.... Turd being a good word. She is an Argentine Boa Constrictor (should max at 10ft) Argentines tend to be known for being slightly larger then Columbians and having a bit of an attitude.

Baby 3
IMG_2401.jpg

Shes a little fire cracker, but then again most tree snakes are... She is most likely one of the calmest tree snakes out there. While she can easily be handled, I do use a hook to get her out of her home since shes got an amazing feeding response. Gets really cute when I hold her with my left hand, and type with my right, she will snap at my fingers as they hit the keys, its adorable. She is an Amazon Tree Boa and will stay small (but very long)

Baby 4 & 5
DawnandCybellshed022.jpg

These 2 girlsare pretty calm, the brown one has a personality more like my albino, these guys are still babys and I can somewhat make them fit into my hands.
Both are Columbian Boa Constrictors, Brown one is a Hypo, and the grey one is a Normal (or pastel)

Baby 6
Argentine012.jpg

This little man is only 2 months old. Calm for his species as well, really sweet, cuddly and a cute little baby. He is also an Argentine Boa and will look like the above female in about 2 years.

Beardies
BlackberryBeardies015.jpg

My Rescues! Their either 7 or 9 years old, not a clue, they have some health issues but man they love their fruits and veggies, had just enjoyed some blackberries in this photo, their great at making messes.....

I think the other non furrys (parrots) will come another day.

Enjoy the pics!

That red tree snake looks amazing. Also, I think snakes are one of the few animals that I think look great in albino form. Most albinos I think look creepy but an albino snake has such pretty "colors". Very cool reptile collection :)

I have a box turtle named Petrie :) I rescued from this girl in highschool and he was so abused and malnourished. Its been 10years now and he has greatly improved but still has lasting problems(beak is malformed, skin, shell issues). He just turned 28yo this year :)
petrie.jpg

petrie2.jpg

Your Beardies are adorable :) I have a female beardie myself, named Tika. I love all the snakes. They have some great colorings. Personally I couldn't give proper care to a large snake, but the little ones are cool. =P

I love the way turtles eyes look it gives them such odd expressions sometimes lol.

I had quite a few people worried about me getting an Albino, "No dont get an albino their so ugly" Every single person changed their tune once they first saw the little bugger. But my rat is also albino and I find her adorable (other then when she pees where shes not supposed to) regardless of her buggy red eyes.

The only snake that will stay little is that Amazon, but their usually Look dont touch snakes, great display animals, I always catch her cruising her tank in the morning looking for food as if Im going to feed her at 7am... HAH! She would eat anything you let her as often as possible.

The snakes are beautiful, but my husband is too frightened of them for me to get any :(

I did talk him into 2 rescued turtles :)

Kate and Leopold, a very romantic couple that go at it every morning all year long. I guess no one ever told them they have a season or that they need to hybernate. I can't let them hybernate because of their history of neglect.

347.jpg

Awwwww so cute!!
Adore the snakes!

My twin sister just got a tinnyyyyy lil beardie called Rajah. He is so adorable and she is crazy about him.

Jen

Wow they're some beautiful reptiles. I used to have a pet Blue tongue lizard when i was a kid. Well we didn't buy it, we just found it on our doorstep 1 morning (and it took up the whole step and then some) and it just stuck around. There must have been a good food source near by because i wasn't feeding it though its possible my dad was since he liked reptiles, i was too young to know or even think about what it might eat. I've always wanted a Shingleback lizard, they're so CUTE!

Brandy, those 2 turtles are so funny! xD

Wow I love the little red one, never seen a snake like that, I love snakes.

The beardies are great too, I love watching them at the pet store when they have some in.

Thanks guys!
She is a turd to get out of her cage for pictures, wraps her whole body around something and despite only weighing 70-80 grams shes a good 3+ feet long, thats alot of delicate thin snake to unwrap from a branch to remove from her tank!
SnakeswithDuck080.jpg

Keep in mind her neck is pencil thin, so most of her tail is just itty bitty and hard to be delicate with when unwrapping.
She came all the way from Montreal :)

Heres a better shot for reference for any of you who think im exaggerating :p

And she was trying to eat me the entire time but didn't get a single strike in haha I win again! Tree guys really are movement/prey driven, and she does the "S" shaped snake thing PERFECTLY

Cindercalliecrash019.jpg

Cindercalliecrash010.jpg

I know its hard to tell but she is a good 3ft long, but NEVER stays straight, shes always ... springy.

Cindercalliecrash016.jpg

Gotta hold onto her head or she pops it right up and you cant compare (like in the top pic)! So you really can see how her neck is actually thinner then the pencil.

Cindercalliecrash017.jpg

And that itty bitty little tail! ... And a little bit of stuck shed there, blah.

Oh my what great pictures! I have had snakes my whole life, except for the last 3 years. (It is my bf's only fear and it is a STRONG one, yes I've told him it is stupid lol). I have one request.... more beardie pics!! My other passion is turtles and tortoises (We have 6 at the moment. Here our some of our babies:
100_27812.jpg

100_28662.jpg

Latest posts

Back