some funny behavior from zentor

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lola13

Reaction score
So last night myboyfriend woke me up to tell me that zentor seemed mad. I guess he was tossing all of his toys around the cage as well as his food bowl. Then he stopped and we went to bed, but today just now he started to do it again. He started tossing his food bowl again, but it was pretty aggressive and i thought he was going to hurt himself. when i took the bowl away from him he went after his litter box. he started pushing it and lifting it. so i moved it a little bit and then he stopped. I dont know why hes doing this behavior. he was totally fine and hanging out, then he went into his cage and started making a mess.

so confused...

Sabrina loves to "redecorate" her cage. Tossing her food bowl is one of her favorite ways to get attention! I think that she just does it for fun most of the time. It seems like pretty normal behavior from Zentor (I am not an expert though).

Good Luck and have fun cleaning up after him :D

haha yeah thats what i was thinking, he just seemed so angery about it. I actually think he likes change, he really had no problem with moving. Ive heard that a lot of buns wont like new cages or there things to be moved. maybe hes just taking redecorating into his own hands.... lol

Lola13 wrote:
haha yeah thats what i was thinking, he just seemed so angery about it. I actually think he likes change, he really had no problem with moving. Ive heard that a lot of buns wont like new cages or there things to be moved. maybe hes just taking redecorating into his own hands.... lol
zentor must feel like an inmate at san quentin,,rrr,rrr...decorating.??..definitely-display of displeasure of his environment...sincerely james waller:wave:forgot to add,,give him a cardbord box and phone directory to work out his aggression.!!:bunnydance::pink iris:

I dont think he feels like an inmate because he gets free range of the house during the day time and most of the night, i dont make him go back in his cage untill we fall asleep or if no one is home. He just randomely decided that he was going to move his stuff i suppose... :-/

My rabbits do that too. They do kind of seem angry about it. I try to think they are just passionate about their redecorating or they are mad the humans keep putting stuff back after they redecorate. Some days I come home from work and the bunnies cages look just like they did when I left and other days I come home and it looks like a tornado went through their cage. Everything is moved and turned upside down.

It sounds like he's having fun and working off some energy. I think sometimes they get a build up of energy and don't know what to do, so they start throwing things around their cages. Kind of like little kids ;-) Doesn't mean they're mad, just that they're a little hyper.

haha yeah makes sense. at first i thought it was something that me or my boyfriend did to upset him. But i think hes gets bitter that he spends so much energy moving things just to have me put it back. haha. im thinking about re arranging his cage today. maybe he will like the change in his home.

So many small animals love to move things around. I had gerbils who would constantly throw their big metal wheel around and flip it over. I'd set it up and they'd do it again. They weren't mad at it, they just thought it was a great game to move it around and bang it off the side of the cage. Bunnies are the same way. You move things, they move them back, everybody has fun ;-)

Lola13 wrote:
haha yeah makes sense. at first i thought it was something that me or my boyfriend did to upset him. But i think hes gets bitter that he spends so much energy moving things just to have me put it back. haha. im thinking about re arranging his cage today. maybe he will like the change in his home.

My one rabbit loves me to rearrange her cage. It is like an adventure for her to play with everything. It is like I gave her a ton of new toys when I just moved things around. She loves when I move the furniture in the house around. She is the one who usually destroys her cage.

My other rabbit hates it. If I move something 1 foot she notices and gets very upset. She hates change.

You could rearrange the cage and see what he thinks about it. He will let you know if he likes it or not. I just wouldn't recommend moving the liter box if he is litter trained.

My boyfriend re arranged his cage yesterday and he took to it well. basically he moved everything from one side to the other. its all the same design / layout but in reverse. haha. his litter box went from the back right coner to the back left corner. at first he wasnt sure about this move, but now its no problem. also he stopped throwing his bowl and moving the litter box. when we moved from our small room to our new apartment he was soooooo excited. he loved going into our closets, in the living room, in the bathroom ect. its so cute when he find a new favorite corner to bun flop at. he really likes to step and climb on our pile of shoes. :] hes so cute!!!!

Latest posts

Back