Solutions to carpet chewing?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ravishing

Reaction score
Hello :)

Is there a way to teach my 1 year old, recently spayed female bunny to NOT chew my carpets? Or is it just impossible? I don't want to hide my carpet from her. I just want her to learn not to do it =) Any tips or direction is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

The word "no" and removal from the area. Some use a spray bottle full of water and the word "no". Never have done that with ours, we just cover up with wood, cardboard, or tile. We also give them substitute areas to dig in--a large litter box full of shredded newspaper has worked very well with a couple of them.

Jez used to chew the edges, so I just put some duct tape over where he chewed, and he quit. Though if there is a snag, he will go at it. :)

Benjamin is also a chewer. Put some sort of chew toy,cardboard filled with hay or wood in the areas that she is chewing. We have had to cover areas of the carpet with cheap carpet runners so that she doesn't destroy it. Chase him off and say a very empathic NO when she is chewing. Some people say that spraying them with a water gun or bottle will make them mean.

Latest posts

Back