Soft-Sorbent Pillow Pack

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buck rogers

Reaction score
My girlfriend and I are looking into get our bunny a new kind of litter, we currently use
carefresh but find it is very dusty. When I was in Petsmart today i sawthe kay-tee soft-sorbent pillow pack, they had three different kindsmint, rose and lavender. Before I buy it, I wanted to see if anyoneelse has used it or if it was even safe for bunnies, has anyone elsetried it before?

I use the lavender kind for my mice. I LOVE it. It smells amaaaaazing.

I will be honest, I haven't changed my mice in like a week and a halfsince I have been busy:embarrassed:....and I still can't smell them.

*makes note to change mice tank tomorrow*

Personally....I wouldn't use it for bunnies. It's too expensive,really. To fill up one large litter box enough, you would use onefourth of the bag....and at like $8 a bag, not really worth it.

I think it would be fine to sprinkle some over top of another kind of litter, to add a touch of scent to it.

Then again, it would be VERY easy for the bunny to kick that litter out everywhere, it's so light.

I also wouldn't feel comfortable if my bunny ate some of it. It's veryabsorbent...and bunnies (I am sure) would be very tempted to eat thelittle (sometimes huge) peices of the lavender, rose, or mint that's inthe bags.

So all and all...I don't think it's a good choice for bunnies. Just my personal opinion!

- Amy :brownbunny

Hi Buck!:wave: Where abouts in Ontario are you? We are in Guelph!:D

We used to use the newspaper pellet litter...but after a while it getsexpensive and I found it wasn't really keeping down the smell as muchas I would have liked. So we switched to woodpellets. We buy ours at TSC or Country Depot...a 40lb bagcosts us about $6.99. Our bunns don't usually eat the litterbut if they did snack a little it should be OK since it is justcompressed wood! (We cover ours with hay for them to snackon!)HTH!:)

Eating the mint or the rose wouldnt be a bigdeal as both are edible for bunnies. The only problem I havewith it is the cost and the ease of flinging it around. Itsmells divine though, if I had a hamster or a mouse I would useit. My rat cages are too big to use it though, I'd use 1/2 abag or more in just one cage! If you dont have a tractor supply nearbyto get Woody Pet you can also use Yesterday's News or Feline Pine whichare both sold at Petsmart. One bag of Feline Pine (25lbs)last me about a month with one rabbit (who uses a litterbox). A bag of Yesterday's News (33lbs) lasts more than that.

Latest posts

Back