Soaking Vegetables

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, plus farther up Amy mentioned that storing some veggies for just a day reduces their vitamin C by 40%! I don't know if this is a battle we ran really win. :dunno:

I don't know if this is an option for you guys. But I usually buy my veggies from Giant Eagle. I talked to a produce guy there once who told me they get produce deliver almost everyday. He said produce is deliver 5-6 days out of a week. They offered to hold the new veggies that came in for me. So I would tell them on monday I wanted to pick up 6 bunches of cilantro, 2 bunches of red leaf etc.... and they would hold what came off the truck on monday for me and I would pick it up monday after work. Those veggies never made it to the counter where the sprayers are and most of the time were still in the boxes. The veggies were just left in the produce section under my name.

The only reason I stopped doing that is because the veggies didn't seem to be any better as in what had gone bad then what was already out at the store. And it was kind of a pain if I said I was going to be there on monday, I had to be there on monday. But if you are concerned about the veggies sitting out in the store and being under the sprayer, this might be a good option. Now that I know how sitting out and water can affect the veggies, I may start doing this again.

Latest posts

Back