So while we were out....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Video!!! :D

It's not the greatest quality but you can see how 'long' she is lol.... That's Steve lying on the bed next to her....

Thank you so so SO much everyone for giving her such a warm welcome!!

hehe....

"mom! I'm trying to eat here! what are you doing with that box?"

the look on her face....LOL

"goofy human" :biggrin2:

that's one largish bunny! LOL more to love!

OH JEN! I can't believe I totally missed this thread! CONGRATULATIONS on your new family member! I'm so happy you got her! (This is the same girl you were telling me about last month? HA! I knew you were destined to get her!)

She is beautiful! Lovely markings and what a sweet face! So happy she's got herself a new family! She couldn't be luckier! Give her a nose rub from me too!!!!

BlueGiants wrote:
OH JEN! I can't believe I totally missed this thread! CONGRATULATIONS on your new family member! I'm so happy you got her! (This is the same girl you were telling me about last month? HA! I knew you were destined to get her!)

She is beautiful! Lovely markings and what a sweet face! So happy she's got herself a new family! She couldn't be luckier! Give her a nose rub from me too!!!!
Yep! I guess we were destined in one way or another lol!

She is SO cute. I just had her up on the bed, and she went and snuggled right in between our pillows. I laid with my head on the pillow petting her, and she just put her nose down right next to mine! I got a couple of pics too- I know you guys are probably on Dotty overload right now so sorry, but I just can't resist! :p

IMG_0748.jpg

IMG_0749.jpg

And my favourite:

IMG_0750.jpg

Then she tried to hide underneath Steve's pillow:

IMG_0751.jpg

IMG_0754.jpg

And after that, I had bought up the bag of banana chips that had like 2 half pieces left in it and put it on the bed, to try and see if she wanted a treat. She just hopped down the bed, stuck her nose in the bag and ate one! :p

Then she peed on the sheet and now it's in the wash LOL!

Your Dotty is absolutely beautiful! I have seen a couple of bunnies come through the shelter that looked just like her and we classified them as checkered giants. I think you are a lucky lady to find such a beautiful girl that seems to love you as much as you love her! Have fun with her!

Dotty has an appointment with the vets tomorrow for her first vaccination! Then hopefully if they say she's fit enough we can schedule her spay for....ASAP lol.

The vets seem super-excited to meet her! Our regular vet, Clara was in the background when Steve was on the phone, she was laughing at us and said we have to bring her a donut for treating Dotty lol! :p

We have to go out in a bit and get a carrier for her to fit in! :shock: We were loaned one from Pets At Home to take her home in and we took it back yesterday. Going to look for a cheaper one as that one was super expensive!

She's such a cuddler! I had her up on the bed this morning and she dove under the covers and snuggled down lol... then she licked my arm! And now the sheet is in the wash again lol.... :rollseyes Mind you, it's worth it for morning cuddles! And she has learnt the ways of Barney in 'presenting herself' for noserubs and nudging my hand if I should dare to stop!! :p

Oh Jen she`s so BEAUIFUL. I`m so jealous, I want a Big Bunny but Chris would hang me out to dry if I even suggested it. LOL
IMG_0749.jpg

This is such a geeat picture of the two of you. You are very Pretty.

Hugs to you and all your Babies.

Susan:)

Ps

Give Dotty lots of Kisses and nose rubs from me.

OHMYGOD!!

:shock2:

How did I miss this!?!?

Dotty is amazing, I am sooooo jealous!! Congratulations Jen and Steve!! :D:D:D

Michaela wrote:
OHMYGOD!!

How did I miss this!?!?

She's amazing for sure :) soooo cute.
Just went up to feed her, and as I was hopping over the barrier we have to stop her escaping the bedroom (for now at least), I dropped a bit of lettuce. She moved sooooo fast. You wouldn't think she could be that big and move that fast!

Bless her.

She's the best present I could ever have asked for! Feel so lucky that Jen got her for me! :) [at least that's the line she used at the time, now it seems 'we got her' for eachother... either way she's soooooooooo great!]

Michaela wrote:
OHMYGOD!!

How did I miss this!?!?

:biggrin2:

I did wonder why you hadn't commented lol! :p

Thanks!

And thanks everyone else as well!

We got the carrier this evening.... We have this one:

http://www.petcentreonline.co.uk/ecommerce/Scripts/prodView~idproduct~169.htm

That's the one we borrowed to take her home.... huge!!!

Steve's looking forward to showing her off to everybody at the vets! :p

She licked my hand tonight for ages after I gave her noserubs.... :hearts:

Jen, she reminds me from the pictures of having a personality like Tony! He's a big snuggler and has to be around someone at least part of the time! He will go play and then back to see Mommy! or hop up on a chair with Lexi and get pets and nose rubs and then back to playing :)

I am not overloaded with Dotty! I love seeing her pics!

Dotty wishes everyone a Merry Christmas!!

She helped me wrap presents this afternoon. By that I mean that whilst I sat on the bed wrapping, she bounced around and stuck her head under my foot for noserubs! She would literally run up and down the hallway, binky along the way and then sit at my feet and shove her head under my foot! I ended up giving her noserubs with my toes lol...

She had her first vaccination this morning! Next one is in 2 weeks.... She has some dry skin that could possibly be fur mites, on the back of her neck, so she's being treated with Xeno 450 (Ivermectin) today, and in 2 weeks' time, and possibly another 2 weeks after that. Other than that perfectly healthy. Obviously she's still completely seperate from the others etc. She's not been overly scratching there that we've noticed, but Clara thought better to treat it now than to wait it out any longer. The vets loved her! Clara couldn't get over her size- she loved her ears and ran out to tell the others when she found out how much she weighed! The receptionists and the other vet loved her too.... They didn't have her breed on the system so they had to call up some admin office to get it added...

Steve went out and bought this 'pet gate' earlier:

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/catalogId/1500001151/partNumber/8704346.htm

It's like a baby gate but taller! It goes over our bedroom door, so that she can still see out and get ventilation etc, but it keeps her in. Also, we can leave it open and block off the top of the stairs with the NIC 'gate' for the time being as well. She had great fun running up and down the landing to the bathroom earlier bless her! :biggrin2:

This morning she woke us up at 7.30am thumping like crazy. Steve sat up, leant over the bed and petted her for about 20mins. She fell asleep. When he stopped and tried to get back to bed, she started thumping again! LOL! :p

She's the best present EVER!! :biggrin2: We can't believe we resisted her for so long!

Latest posts

Back