So while we were out....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SnowyShiloh wrote:
Now that's an armful of bunny! SO CUTE. Is she wonderful to hug? .
AMAZING!!

I held her earlier and sat on the edge of the bed and laid back. She just sat on my chest and laid down, shoving her nose in my face! *melts*

She's a bit scared I think, but she knows that we aren't going to hurt her, and she's not scared of affection.

My mum and brother came round earlier and saw her and she let them rub her ears and nose for ages, not bothered at all. Immediately when we put her down last night she was hopping all over and exploring. She's just gorgeous all over! I love her already! We are SO lucky to have her...

She also has the biggest nose ever... it's just great for rubbing! And I've always loved the butterfly markings on the nose of bunnies....

Oh, and telling my mum was funny! I called her and said she had to come over for a cup of tea. She came over with my brother, and I said that they had to come upstairs and see something.... You should have seen the look on their faces! I can't repeat what they said but their shock turned to adoration once I picked Dotty up and they saw how lovely she is! :biggrin2:

pinksalamander wrote:
Only just saw this.

WOW!

Are you going to try to bond her?

Fran :) :hearts :brownbunny
We're not sure yet.... It would be impossible to bond her completely with the others because she will be free-range and to cage her alone let alone with other buns would take a massive amount of space. I don't want her to be alone though. A nice-to-have would be if she was able to play with either of the pairs when she was out, so she would have some bun interaction, but we wont even attempt that until she's spayed....

I didn't realize the giants were named different either! LOL! but I guess we knew what she was - just not what to call it where! LOL!

I think someone loves Mama and Daddy! She looks VERY happy with both of you!

This is one of the first pics we took of Dotty yesterday - not long after she arrived home with us.
She just snuggled right up next to me on the bed.

She is one bun with a lot of love to give :)

I can't get over how instantly affectionate she's been with us, everytime I pick her up she just snuggles right up under my chin...

... just can't believe we left her there so long before we gave in to her coming home with us...

Photo-0028.jpg

SnowyShiloh wrote:
Now that's an armful of bunny! SO CUTE. Is she wonderful to hug? I love hugging Rory because he's our biggest bunny, but he's only 4 pounds! Oh and Paul wants a Flemmie at some point, I've been dreaming about getting a Flemmie when we move somewhere bigger and having him uncaged...
She's amazingly huggable. You pick her up and she just snuggles into you. It's like she's doing the hugging back. :D

Oh Jen....I've been reading this thread and trying to figure out what to say...trying to stay quiet. Why? 'Cause I'm JEALOUS....so very jealous.

As you may know - I love the brokens (butterfly) bunnies - and I love giants - and to have them BOTH together in one bunny is just so awesome.

The pictures of you guys with her just make me tear up.....she looks like she really fits in well with your family.

I'm sure that you know that pet store bunnies need homes and love just like shelter bunnies do - and that many times - shelter bunnies are the pet store bunnies that were bought as an impulse and then discarded. So don't ever feel bad you got her from the pet store - because in a few months - she might have wound up at a shelter...know what I mean?

One of the things that amazes me - is how affectionate she is becoming - for a girl. I know Carolyn has a darling flemish giant doe that is just a sweetie....so I know it can happen to get a sweet giant girl. I have been nervous about giant girls though - so I'm so happy you got a sweet one.

I think you mentioned her a few weeks ago or something - didn't you? I don't remember if it was a blog or something but it seems like I knew you'd seen a bigger bunny in a pet store. So I guess I'm not really surprised that you have her..

However - I will be mad if we don't get pictures of her regularly....so if you want to keep the forum happy - remember - we demand pictures on a regular basis. :biggrin2:

Seriously though- Happy Gotcha Day to both you folks - and her.

Aww, she's a snuggler already!

I am having visions of a few days/weeks time when Jen and Steve are sound asleep and a 12.6 lb bunny jumps on them, demanding attention. I think you are in for some bruises there lol :D

Jan

:inlove: I'm jealous too... I miss my giant bunny kids so much, and the CG's have such pretty markings. Lucky you, what a great Christmas present! :biggrin2:

LuvaBun wrote:
Aww, she's a snuggler already!

I am having visions of a few days/weeks time when Jen and Steve are sound asleep and a 12.6 lb bunny jumps on them, demanding attention. I think you are in for some bruises there lol :D

Jan
Oh yeah...when Tiny was young - about 5 am he had to do the bunny 500 in the bedroom - at full speed - jumping on top of me at least three times.

By the time I was awake from it all - he was settling down to get a nap again.

:shock:

Jen, Tony is that way! he's just a love bug. He was snuggled with me earlier in the chair and he wanted to play but he wanted to stay with me and snuggle too..... so he'd hop on the chair and then come back to snuggle!

Jen....you sneaky girl! I saw this thread last night, but forgot to reply, as I was just heading to bed.

I love Dotty, she is a real doll. It is weird because you are the last person I would have expected to get another bunny for some reason :p.

TinysMom wrote:
Oh Jen....I've been reading this thread and trying to figure out what to say...trying to stay quiet. Why? 'Cause I'm JEALOUS....so very jealous.

As you may know - I love the brokens (butterfly) bunnies - and I love giants - and to have them BOTH together in one bunny is just so awesome.

The pictures of you guys with her just make me tear up.....she looks like she really fits in well with your family.

I'm sure that you know that pet store bunnies need homes and love just like shelter bunnies do - and that many times - shelter bunnies are the pet store bunnies that were bought as an impulse and then discarded. So don't ever feel bad you got her from the pet store - because in a few months - she might have wound up at a shelter...know what I mean?

One of the things that amazes me - is how affectionate she is becoming - for a girl. I know Carolyn has a darling flemish giant doe that is just a sweetie....so I know it can happen to get a sweet giant girl. I have been nervous about giant girls though - so I'm so happy you got a sweet one.

I think you mentioned her a few weeks ago or something - didn't you? I don't remember if it was a blog or something but it seems like I knew you'd seen a bigger bunny in a pet store. So I guess I'm not really surprised that you have her..

However - I will be mad if we don't get pictures of her regularly....so if you want to keep the forum happy - remember - we demand pictures on a regular basis. :biggrin2:

Seriously though- Happy Gotcha Day to both you folks - and her.
Peg, thank you so much for posting! I know how much you love giants and I'd been really keen to see what you thought of her!

It's amazing how well she's settled in- knows right where her water and food is, has a favourite spot for lying in front of the wardrobe etc already... She's been peeing on the floor but this morning I nudged her when she was about to pee and she just hopped straight in the litter tray!

I'm amazed at how affectionate she is as well- especially considering she's 7 months old and unspayed.... You can tell she's still nervous but happy I think. It's so great to see :)

And yes I did mention her a while ago! In Cathy's thread about the baby Flemish! I just went back and read it and I put her breed at a Giant Papillon back then, so I was right all along it seems... :D I'd forgotten how long we'd been thinking about her until I read that...

And I'm probably going to start a new blog just for her soon so you can all check in and see pictures of her! :biggrin2:

undergunfire wrote:
I love Dotty, she is a real doll. It is weird because you are the last person I would have expected to get another bunny for some reason :p.
LOL! So am I! I honestly never thought Steve would give in.... But I knew he loved her too... He doesn't regret her for one minute and neither do I...

Not even when she peed right on the floor by my bed this morning, so when I rolled over I smelt pee! :p

Oh no! litterbox issues?

You'll get things fixed. She's just so cute!

Steve is such a great guy! and you are a great gal, Jen.

Bo B Bunny wrote:
Oh no! litterbox issues?

You'll get things fixed. She's just so cute!

Steve is such a great guy! and you are a great gal, Jen.
Oh yes, she's not litter trained in the slightest lol! We're hoping she'll improve once spayed.... It's nothing we don't deal with already though!

I'm uploading the short video from the first night of her cuddled with Steve! :D

Oh, and bless! Thank you! :hug:

Oh, she's gorgeous! What a big armful of love:inlove:. The giants are so fun. Congratulations to all of you, and thanks for sharing her with us!

Latest posts

Back