So proud of Thor. He's eating his veggies now like a good boy

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Must_Love_Pets

Reaction score
FINALLY!!!!

Thor is finally eating veggies :woohoo:time::great:

aaaand his fruits. He is now eating mint, broccoli, spinach, apples, banannas. He really loves the broccoli. I am going to Fresh& Easy tonight to see what else I can try to introduce to him now.

He has always loved his basil that i grow myself and now the mint I grow.

What shallI try next????? I need suggetsions. I know what I can feed him but I would love some FEEDback. :roflmao:

What is your buns favorite veggie or fruit???

My 2 love cilantro and parsley. I've been meaning to try to grow it myself but I haven't gotten there yet. As it is, I can get it for 48 cents per bunch, and 1 bunch of each feeds them for a week. They also like grapes.

eewww don't want that. Giving the broccoli and spinach is ok in moderation though right? Is it after time that it can cause these things or immidiate? Broccoli I can see immidiate with the gassyness. I only give him very little. how much would you consider dangerous? I am trying to figure out a good daily veggie plate.

Gus will eat just about anything, but his favourite is good old romaine. Molly is more picky, like Thor (maybe it's a Flemish thing, lol), but she will steam-roll over anyone to get to her cilantro. Oh, and they both LOVE brussel sprouts, but they only get one each every so often because they are NOT cost effective where I live.

The only thing I have found my bunnies not fond of is dill.

They get parsly, cilantro, carrot tops, dandylions, swiss chard, red chard, mustard greens, endive, beet tops, red or green leaf lettuce, romane, arrugula, spinach, kale, green peppers, baby carrots, cucumber, tomato, squash, sprouts, mellon, strawberries, blueberries, bannanna, pineapple, apples, etc.

Basically whatever looks freshest at the store that week is what they get so it is different each week. I try to use the formula of one leafy lettuce, one herb, one veggie or special leafy, and a small fruit. My theory is that they will be less fussy eaters and their tummies will be less sensitive with this method. Knock on wood they like it and do well this way (no runs).

Latest posts

Back