So now we have Pudden.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would not be letting her into his cage. For me, letting them into each others cages is further along in the process after they are good with each other in a larger area. Rabbits do tend to be more territorial in their own cage and that can hinder the bonding process.

A pen or 2 can be good to keep the separate while letting them out of the cage. You can also use the pen when you introduce them as it will limit the space so they don't get in trouble and you can separate them easily.

It might also be good it wait a little bit before letting them be together again. He needs time to settle in without being harassed by a giant humping fluff ball. There is also good reason not to introduce them right away as you don't know what he health could be like and if he carries anything that could be passed to Fraggles.

It does seem to be going well, but I would back off a bit to let him settle in and to get them used to each other. Humping is fairly normal, but some rabbits don't tolerate it well. They do need to figure things out, but that does not mean that one should be able to do whatever they like if the other one doesn't like it.

Gus and Molly were bonded the same day he chinned her ears. Honestly, throw them in the bathroom, stretch out in the tub with a pillow and a good book, put a tasty salad on the floor, and whatch the magic happen. I'd bet you'd have bonded buns by tomorrow.

Kate thanks for the great advice. But one thing I completely disagree with. Fraggles is NOT a fluff ball. I demand you take back the fluff ball comment immediatly. Don't make me send Fraggles to Canada to demand satisfaction. I laughed so hard that tears came to my eyes after reading the "giant humping fluff ball comment". I am going to hold off on things for a bit. Pudden is healthy though. He was examined by the vet before coming home yesterday. :)

I see what's going on here. Your a supporter of tans. Even though you know perfectly well that they have it out for fuller figured bunnies. Now I have to ask you where your tans were when Fraggles hay bag was ripped open. A bag of craisons was eaten and the bag dumped in Fraggles cage and a broom was torn up. I have a feeling which tans are responsable now.

Perhaps the reason why Fraggles is fuller figured is BECAUSE she got into the bag of Crasins :p

Belgians and Tans gotta stick together!

Fraggles is full figured because her mommy and grandma were and its genetics. Next you will be saying we should lay off the banana chips. LOL.....I bet those arched breeds just run a muck all over your house. Fraggles prefers to spend her day stretched out and munching.

I feel a little better. Thank you. I wouldn't get your hopes up everyone. I may be getting him when I feel up to it and if Sweetie and him get along. We will have play dates, several before he comes live with me. That way I know and am sure that things will be okay.

Yes an update for everyone. After talking with Sweetie since she just lost her dwarf we think that Pudden might be a better fit for her doe then Fraggles. Pudden fits the bill on what she would be looking for and her doe needs a new bond mate. But not to worry. Since Fraggles has been showing some promise with a neutered buck then we might adopt a boy more her size and do the bonding right. Maybe a standard rex.....Oh yes a lovely handsome standarf rex.....

I believe there good sized but there an arched breed so there very slender. The super models of the bunny world if you will. Super models always have it out for the fuller figured. So it makes perfect since that super model bunnies would have it out for a fill figured bunny. So Alma next time something naughty happens in your house you will have to ask yourself. "Was it poor Benjamin OR was it a wicked TAN?" Its never Fraggles we just happen to have a severe tan problem.

Yes this thread is funny and entertaining. I especially needed it after losing Prince. I am still grieving his loss but I am doing a little better.

I just figured it was wrong to blame poor sand gnomes for the behavior of others. Alma i read your mouse thread. Are you sure its mice in the walls? Or could it be something really skinny and able to fit in the wall.

Not unless a tan is really skinny or a sand gnome. I found two babies playing in the cover of one of those 4'flourscent fixtures. They were cute as heck, but a big pain. They definitely smell like mice.

Latest posts

Back