So now we have Pudden.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So Pudden is here and I am inlove...He is just a darling. I will get some pics up tomorrow for sure. So we decided to let Fraggles see Pudden in his cage. This is her first time seeing a nuetered buck and she is not being aggressive at all. She is chinning his whole cage with him in it and is rather obsessed with him. But he does not mind at all. They even went nose to nose threw the bars and I did not hear a single thump. Are these good signs? Could Fraggles have found Bunny love?

So we had Pudden's cage open to place veggies and Fraggles snuck up behind us and jumped inside. She did not attack him so we gave them a minute together with us on guard (just in case). There was some confusion cause they both wanted to do the humping. But Fraggles overpowered Pudden and humped him. His little body was completely lost under her. If we let them spend time together should we be letting her hump him? How long will this last? On the brighter side she did nussle his teeny ears a little. Is that a good thing?

You could not even see him under her! She is three times his size in length and out weighs him by about 12 pounds. I know the humping was for dominence. But she is so large! It was so funny when he tried to hump her. they were touching head to bum and they were moving in a circle. Jason said they looked like a ying-yang!

The snuggle to his ears is a really positive sign! You will still have to be careful at first, particularly because of the size difference, but I see love in the air!

As long as the little guy isn't protesting (biting or struggling) then a little humping is normal. Be careful that the circling doesn't escalate to a fight, but it sounds like Fraggles just took charge. I'm very hopeful for this couple! :)

awww i think Fraggles is sounding like she's receptive!!!! good sign!!:highfive: can't wait for pic of the duo!! my willow and Walter are like that, she's ginormous and he's just a little guy but they love each other despite their difference. Wally got his fair share of humps in there too even though it must have been like climbing mt rushmore lol

Well we had a bit of a "disagreement" this morning. We let Fraggles visit in his cage again and all was well. She even put her head down and he kinda covered her head with his. Good sign? But then she wanted to hump him again and he got upset and thumped at her. She was clearly offended cause she lunged at him and I snatched him away before she could get him. We are going to keep them apart today :(

I suggest the bathtub. It is slippery so they are more concerned with their footing and they can comfort each other about the "torture" they have to endure. Plus it is small enough of an area you can still easily get your hands on them should anything happen.

gmas rabbit wrote:
Got a video camera so the rest of us can share the fun??
Oh great idea!

I think its so funny and cute when the female tries to hump the male. I remember when Pippin and Merry both humped for the first time, they both started off doing it sideways! lol

Can't wait for the next update! :)

Latest posts

Back