Snowing really bad

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JingleBellTheBunny

Reaction score
Hi! Outside my house, it's snowing really bad. I covered jingle bell's cage with a sheet to stop snow from getting in. Before I did, I checked and she was completely soaked. I closed the door to her bottom area, but left it open just enough to where the heat from her lamp can go out. Please pray that she makes it through the night. my biggest fear is that she will somehow get to her bottom play area, and she won't be able to get back up, and she will freeze to death. i'm hoping and praying that doesn't happen. Thanks in advance!

Hi! Outside my house, it's snowing really bad. I covered jingle bell's cage with a sheet to stop snow from getting in. Before I did, I checked and she was completely soaked. I closed the door to her bottom area, but left it open just enough to where the heat from her lamp can go out. Please pray that she makes it through the night. my biggest fear is that she will somehow get to her bottom play area, and she won't be able to get back up, and she will freeze to death. i'm hoping and praying that doesn't happen. Thanks in advance!
I hope you were able to bring her in, a wet rabbit in freezing temps?!? Poor baby! I hope she’s ok!

Jingle bell is doing good. She's a little cold, but my mom won't let me bring her inside. I told my mom how a rabbit can get freezing pretty quickly, but she says I'm overreacting. I'll keep you guys updated if anything else happens.

I'm glad she is okay! Please explain to your mom that you are not overreacting! Rabbits can die of hypothermia in several hours.
Medivet says, "When it snows, the best thing you can do for your rabbit is to bring their hutch inside until the weather warms up. A garage or garden shed provides enough shelter from the elements and predators. Don’t put them in a garage that you use to park your car though; the pollution can damage their delicate lungs."

it might help to put a packing blanket over top of jingle bells cage to help keep heat in, if you do make sure you leave space open for fresh air to come in to the cage.

The following video shows how she covers the hutches to keep out rain and foul weather. It might give you some better ideas to keep out snow & rain (and keep bunny dry!!).

Back