Smoking

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dajeti2 wrote:
I am so not strong enough to quit cold turkey. So Iwent with the patch. It worked only in it toke the edge off a little. AReally Bizarre Side Effect=I can't stop crying for a week and then itwas PMS on steroids after that. I decided to try it on my own.

So far so good knock on wood. I'm ok until the big stress stuffand then it's the hardest thing in the world not to light up. I gavebirth naturally so that's saying alot lol. Thank you Gypsy.

Believe it or not it cost me twice as much for the patches aweek than it did a carton of cigarettes...hhmmm...go figure.

Tina

Good luck, Tina. It IS hard. Sometimes you have toquit several times before it sticks. I smoke too, and can'tgo cold turkey. I've been cutting down everyday.Used to smoke a pack and a half a day. Now I am smoking about10 a day. Still bad, but an improvement. The onlytime I am anywhere near the buns while smoking is outside.

You can do it! Keep it up ;)

Love

Kricket

Wow, good luck Tina (and to those others of youwho are quitting/have quit). My mom used to smoke. She smoked for 40years and finally quit after I went to college. She had tried manydifferent ways of quitting too. She found what worked best for her wasto weane(sp?) herself down to 3 cigarettes a day and then she quit coldturkey from there. Not easy for her and there were moments when she wasvery...hm, "testy" but it's all for the better now :) With quittinghowever comes other side effects that she's not so happy with (likeweight gain :().

....of course there's my aunt who will say she quit smoking and thenwalks out of the women's bathroom smelling curiously of cigarette smokewhen she was the only one in there :shock: So not everyone has thedrive to quit so strongly as others, much less the will to carry out.It's hard and it's not as easy as just dropping the habbit all in onego.

Quite interesting as to how the subject got so flared :shock: Ipersonally don't smoke but I don't mind other people who do (albeit Iwill not lie, those of you who smoke more than a pack a day scareme....heck those of you who smoke more than like 5 a day scareme!:shock: ). As long as people are courteous and consider others it'snot a problem with me (i.e. asking before lighting up if it's okay, orif someone asks nicely-to put it out). Sure there are the feelings ofcaring about the person and such but it's a hard thing to quit--anyaddiction is.

Personally I still find it amusing how many smokers tell me never topick up the habit! :shock: Ah well, all we can do for each other ishope for the best right? ;)

I didnt mean a arguement to get started,:shock:.Sorry. I quit smoking for like two weeks and in that two weeks I gainedlike 10lbs. I couldnt take that. I dont smoke anywhere near Duncan. Heis in my room and I smoke in my moms room or in the living roomwithmy door closed so no smoke can get in but I just wantedto see if that could still in the long run be harmful, I might get apurifier as what someone had mentioned. Thanks for all the advice andsorry about the arguments.

Sara and Duncan

Heheh, it's not your fault :) People will getheated about what they dislike a lot of the time (and with internettext typing it loses a lot of tone which can be veeery bad). I do thinkthe air purifier would be a good idea though. We never had indooranimals when mom smoked so I'm sorry I can't help you much with that.But it sounds like you've got a good grip on it and are very aware ofyour rabbits wants/needs :)

hi, sorry this is quite off the topic but i was just a bit curious. Does barbeque smoke harm rabbits in the same way?

I'm having a barbeque on monday and I've noticed every time we do this,my dog gets unusually frightened and sits in a corner staring at us. Ifhe has reacted to this, could it be the smoke or the smell of the meatand isit dangerous to my bunny's health? :shock:

Hi WM! I would sayit's safe to assume that any airborne pollutants are not good foranimals (or humans for that matter) in general. Now, this isn't to saythat some animals or humans can tolerate them just fine, but thatdoesn't mean that it's good for them. It is always better to removeyour bunny from smoke, cleaning fumes, paint/varnish fumes, etc.

Humans and animals both have ways ofcoping with stresses on their bodies that aren't necessarilyvisibleon the outside. To my way of thinking it's alwaysbetter to be safe than sorry.

RaspberrySwirl

both me mum and dad smoke but they smokeout side but sometimes they dont and sit next to me when ive got one ofthe buns do ya think tehy would be ok or do ya think i shoudl move whenme mum or dad starts to light up lol!!

Latest posts

Back