Small wounds on the ear

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hermelin

Reaction score
Hi I have noticed that Freja have small wounds on her ear. She have 3 small wounds (one on the tip of the ear and the 2 others are right in the middle).

First I thought she had been nipped by Fenris because she’s hormonal and maybe Fenris had managed to catch Frejas ear through the mesh. I observed how Fenris behaved and she would only sniff and do her thing, also it wouldn’t explain the two other small wounds on the same ear.

The fur around the ear look good, no dandruff, no ear wax, she don’t scratch or shake her head a lot as Toste could do. But she scratches her one ear more than Odin do. Can the wounds be because she got really sharp claws and when scratching it’s damaging the skin. They are sharper than Odins and Fenris claws. I’m truly hoping not needing to go to a vet again. Because Odin is going this week, Fenris will go for her spay and Tyra will also be up for spay and vaccination this month.

Maybe they can check on her when they are at the vet tomorrow. I will ask my dad and see if they can check on her fast.

What can cause one ear to become itchy?

Parasites, ear infection, fungal/yeast infection, or bites like Preitler mentioned. Though scratch marks from itching, will look different than a wound. Scratch marks would be really light, just on the surface of the skin. If your rabbit has a wound that is deeper than the surface, then it's something else.

We was at the vet and they told us to watch the ear. They suspect she might of scratched herself too hard because of how it looked and no other symptoms.

Latest posts

Back