Small lump on ear

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luci&Skittles

Reaction score
I was showing love to Skittles and noticed something hard on her ear. When I got a better look at it, it’s a small lump, maybe half the size of a pea, and it looks like she’s been gnawing at it. I will call the Vet when they open on Monday, but anyone know what this is? My girls are indoor rabbits only just FYI.0A49F4FD-37EB-4D8E-B6C1-483D9267DDB6.jpeg8A9F3A92-2484-43A8-8BB0-30D312D95CAA.jpeg

Could be an infected cut. If so, your bun will need to be put on antibiotics. If you won't be going into the vet until Monday, I would maybe put a light layer(not too much as it will get ingested while grooming) of plain triple antibiotic ointment( no added pain relief) on twice a day in case it is an infection, to see if it helps. Then distract bun with food or something after so she doesn't try and groom it off right away. Or wait until you see the vet Monday.

Could be an infected cut. If so, your bun will need to be put on antibiotics. If you won't be going into the vet until Monday, I would maybe put a light layer(not too much as it will get ingested while grooming) of plain triple antibiotic ointment( no added pain relief) on twice a day in case it is an infection, to see if it helps. Then distract bun with food or something after so she doesn't try and groom it off right away. Or wait until you see the vet Monday.
Is A&D ok?

No. A&D isn't an antibiotic ointment. It's not going to help an infection. Neosporin would be a brand name of antibiotic ointment. Putting it on a minor infected cut is just what I would do, but if you aren't used to treating minor wounds, I would suggest just waiting until you see the vet.

No. A&D isn't an antibiotic ointment. It's not going to help an infection. Neosporin would be a brand name of antibiotic ointment. Putting it on a minor infected cut is just what I would do, but if you aren't used to treating minor wounds, I would suggest just waiting until you see the vet.
I have three kids and I’m used to treating their wounds :/ but not a rabbits. I do have neosporin but unfortunately it does has pain relief. I will watch it and wait until Monday. Thanks so much.

Latest posts

Back