Slight head twitch....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mites can be latent in a bun and only become active when th bun's immune system is not as strong ; may not be mites anyway but I don't think that she was properly diagnosed.

here is a list so maybe your vet is on here
I went to supposedly really good exotic vets outside Chicago for awhile and to be honest they were often not that good despite their reputation

http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=11595&forum_id=9

Thank you. I will scope through there when I get off of work and see if I can find anyone.

Vets are like a hit or miss. This one was suppossed to be amazing but he is way short of even being good.

My friend emailed me back about the ear cleaning . She definitely said that you should not put the q-tip in the canal ..could do a lot of damage. ( but we already know that)
She has an E-lop with a chronic ear infection so she has cleaned his ears alot over the past year.
She uses Vet solutions which is an ear cleansing solution for cats and dogs. She squirts some into the canal , rubs around at the base of the ear to distribute the fluid and try to getthe liquid down far enough and then allows her bun to shake out his ears; she does this same thing about 3 times then uses a cottonballs at the base to soak up the fluid.
Her vet is semi rabbit saavy but not 100% so I would take this with a grain of salt, however she has been doing this for a long time and it has not injured her bun..

The treatment for waxI am unsure of.....

Well I have some comforting news.

First off, Miley has stopped twitching her head ever since I put those drops in her ear the other day.
- we're still going to the vet though because Clyde is due for a checkup anyway since he isn't responding very well to his medication.

Second - I went through that link you gave me Angie and found a vet close to me -
I found his email and emailed him my situation and howI felt about it . He emailed me back
almost immediatly and showed so much interest in Miley and what is / could be going
on. So needless to say we will be booking my appointment with him.

He said "It would be difficult for me to say what is going on with Miley without seeing
her. Differentials for a rabbit with a head tilt would include a middle ear infection,
sinus infection, trauma, foreign body (possibly ear wax plug), or rarely meningitis or encephalitis."

I am going to try to aim for Wednesday on my day off.

Latest posts

Back