Sleep in the same room as your bunny?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
slavetoabunny wrote:
We slept in the same room as the buns for about six months when we first moved to Florida. The only thing that really bothered us was when they decided to do 500's in the middle of the night and the bed was part of the course. I actually missed all the little bunny noises once they got there own room.
Yeah That ^ :):D

TinysMom wrote:
Art used to say that "nothing" would ever come between us. Now he says "no one" will ever come between us - because many many times I've slept with a sick bunny in my arms....or between us on the bed (with a towel underneath).

I love having bunnies in my bedroom...except for when they want to dance on the pillow while you're sleeping - or like Tiny who would do bunny 500's about 5 am and then jump on me on his way across the bed....
:inlove:

The alien rabbit pair -- invades the domain of residents.

Monday Cuddles sanctuary bun refused her supper. Everybunny else chowed down their salads. That usual means go to the linen closet, and haul out the comforters and soft blankees for Mom and Dad bunny servants to spread on the family room floor. Karl selected the La-Z-boy recliner for a few hours. Smart man.

Cuddles and BG (or anyone who exhibits gassy tummy prior to bedtime) are relocated to the family room so I can keep eyes on 'em after Simethicone doses -- and encourage investigation and exercise. Bun lingo: "Hey, this is a strange area to us, let's check out the surroundings." After a couple hours, simeth' had improved her meatloaf bun position. ~ Just wanted to stay a step ahead, and get the gas malady corrected.
A~ha. bing, bing, bing. Alien bunnies!! alien bunnies !! :party0002::panic:Residents who lived above the gated exercise area where BG and Cuddles were staying, Kept jumping Up and Down and Off their shelves, and rattling their hay mangers, ready to defend and snatch the nose hair off of BG and his wifey Cuddles if they dared to come close. Basically Providing No Sleep to nursemaid Julie.

All was solved by lots of coffee on Tuesday morning, and a good night's rest Tuesday P.M. -- knowing Cuddles was better ! .... oh, and the two who kept jumping off their playhouse equip all night long as guard.buns, took long afternoon naps. :p

My bunny sleeps in my room with me hes normally good with that but he wakes me up at around 10 :]

Bo B Bunny wrote:
Bo starts ringing his bell if he thinks he needs food or something and will thump if he sees ANYTHING that isn't supposed to be there.. a bug, a cat, whatever. He also likes to pull his hay and it makes the hayrack hit the side of his cage....
That must be annoying but it is also sooo cute! Little guard bunny!

I have my two rabbits in two different cages, my hamster, my fish tank and my cat that all stay in my room all of the time. I sleep like the dead and I play music softly which usually is enough for me to focus on. There are some nights I'm about ready to toss all of them out. They all know when I wake up is when they get fed, so they start making noise a few hours before. My male rabbit knows that if he clanks the top portion of his roof, it will open and he can get out, so I have tossed their temporary cage for when I'm cleaning or when we go to the vet or whatever, on top of the cage to stop him. My female knows I HATE when she drags her litter box out of the corner of her cage and she chews on it, so naturally she does it EVERY morning. The hamster lives in a altered storage bin, so the sound is slightly muffled at least, but he tunnels underneath his wheel and shifts it so some nights when he runs on it it just bangs against the side. My room is all dry and gross and so the fish tank runs out of water quickly so the filter gets progressively louder until I do the weekly water change (I have one betta in a ten gallon tank). The cat is on a diet so she gets angry when I don't feed her what she wants when she wants, so she screams at me at any chance she can take. I go to the bathroom, there's the cat, I shuffle in my bed, there's the cat, I (heaven forbid) wake up late, and I get a angry fat cat screaming in my face.

I'm quite thankful that once I'm asleep, I'm asleep until the next morning. If I had to deal with the clanking and the meowing and the rattling and the splashing all night long, I would have gone crazy already.

I guess I'm lucky, our Flemish Giant (Bambi) has the run of our rabbit proofed home and she sleeps on the couch and only wakes me up around 9am, when I need to feed and change her water. She naps with me as well. One good thing about these large rabbits, they get up and down by themselves.

Had a little dwarf cross the would wake me up around 7am picking at her cage door! Other than that, no problems.....yet!

Jerry

OK, an update!

At 2 am this morning, I woke to the sound of Georgia thumping along in the bunny room. Shadow - whose under my bed - starts thumping back. This kept going on like some sort of bunny morse-code done in thumps :pssd:.

I eventually got up, got my hiking stick and banged that on the floor. Both bunnies must have thought that they couldn't beat a 'thump' that loud, and gave up :p

Jan

LuvaBun wrote:
OK, an update!

At 2 am this morning, I woke to the sound of Georgia thumping along in the bunny room. Shadow - whose under my bed - starts thumping back. This kept going on like some sort of bunny morse-code done in thumps :pssd:.

I eventually got up, got my hiking stick and banged that on the floor. Both bunnies must have thought that they couldn't beat a 'thump' that loud, and gave up :p

Jan

LOL! That's brilliant! I'll have to try that next time! :biggrin2:

mouse_chalk wrote:
LuvaBun wrote:
OK, an update!

Jan

LOL! That's brilliant! I'll have to try that next time! :biggrin2:

:yeahthat:

I learnt last night that when you share your bedroom with a bunny, anything you have is fair game to them.

I woke up at about 3.30am this morning to see Dotty sat on my pillow, front paws on my bedside table, drinking out of my water glass!!

My first thought was that the poor girl's water bowl must be empty, and she had come looking elsewhere for hydration, so I sat up to look- Nope! Full bowl of water! She just wanted mine!

Silly girl.... :craziness

Nope- no icecubes or anything, just regular tap water- and afterwards it was even fluffy like her waterbowl is lol! :p

I really think that she is just a completely nutty bunny.... A fruitcake! Sandwich short of a picnic etc...

Either way, after she was done drinking she came and licked me half to death with a wet nose LOL :biggrin2:

Edit: actually that reminds me of her name- when we first got her I was talking to Ali on MSN about her, and told her Dotty's name. She said something like 'is she mad?' and I said something like 'no, that's her pattern!' But now I'm thinking more and more that it was fate she was named Dotty, because she is, Dotty! :p

You think bunnies are bad? Try having thirteen rats in your room at night! LOL

Compared to them, Mary Jane is as quiet as a rock. I've always had small animals so their noises just don't bother me anymore.

However, they do bother the GF, so we had to move them out and into the guest bedroom. How naughty! Now anyone who sleeps over won't get any rest. :p

Wow, I guess I'm very lucky!

As much as she's an opinionated killer dwarf who will take my toes off if I try and leave the room, Pipp rarely wakes me up. She'll sit beside me when I'm sleeping and wait for me to open at least one eye before she'll pounce on me and start her grooming session. 'Lick lick lick lick'. (There are worse ways to wake up). ;)

She's very polite!

sas :bunnydance:

My bunny room is down the hall from my bedroom, but we've got hardwood floors and I can hear their every move!

LuvaBun wrote:
Rosie - John is the same. Nothing wakes him up at all :?
Nothing wakes me up. I'm just too tired or exhausted by the time I get to bed, I am off like a light when my head hits the pillow. If I do wake, I can never get back to sleep.

aw.....
My boys are relatively quiet. Bob likes to chew on a old book while I'm falling asleep, but soon he goesunder my bed (he's free range) and goes to sleep too!
Zeus is on another room, as I haven't bonded them yet. But he stays pretty quiet too! They seem to know when it's bedtime. In the morning though....that's a different story!

Latest posts

Back